Author Topic: Interest In New Dark Shadows  (Read 2332 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Interest In New Dark Shadows
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 09:00:55 PM »
The demographics for today's tv is a lot younger than I am so the actors would have to be perfectly beautiful and as little imput into the storyline as possible by anyone over 30.

Personally, I think I would find that a pretty boring Collinwood  :- . For me it has to be a normal mix - from pre-teen David to the reincarnation of Mrs. Johnson and Ezra Braithwait(sp?).  Sure, the biggest part of the cast would be young and beautiful - just as they were in the original. But the kiddies and the old hags, bags and coots have their place too - if only for contrast.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Interest In New Dark Shadows
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 05:37:41 AM »
Personally, I think I would find that a pretty boring Collinwood  :- . For me it has to be a normal mix - from pre-teen David to the reincarnation of Mrs. Johnson and Ezra Braithwait(sp?).  Sure, the biggest part of the cast would be young and beautiful - just as they were in the original. But the kiddies and the old hags, bags and coots have their place too - if only for contrast.

Actually I was being facetious regarding as little input as possible by anyone over 30.  I agree that it would get boring too. I was just thinking about the Dr. Hoffman character in the WB Pilot.  I wonder if they would have moved away from the storyline of Julia trying to cure Barnabas and instead, let her do the psychiatrist thing with him instead. Can't you just picture those night time sessions with him on the couch and her behind the desk taking notes! But then, who would be the person to try and cure him?
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf