Author Topic: The July 12th Episodes (Spoilers!)  (Read 796 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The July 12th Episodes (Spoilers!)
« on: July 12, 2005, 09:17:53 PM »
One thing that I couldn't help but find amusing about ep #12 actually has nothing to do the plot. It's that Vicki's trenchcoat is quite obviously missing its top button on the right side - and more than that, there's a thread that's at least four inches long that's constantly flying around in its place whenever Vicki moves. (One can't help but see it in the first capture in the slideshow:

1966: Ep #12 - After Vicki observes the sound of the 'Widows' is
frightening, Roger remarks that the ghosts of the past are
always frightening.
It's less obvious in the third.) Absolutely no one who sees Vicki could possibly miss this, yet absolutely no one mentions it. And even though we have to realize that the simple reason no one mentions anything is because it isn't in the script, it seems completely absurd that no one would. In each and every scene that Vicki appears in, it's like the 800-pound Gorilla that no one is willing to bring up - and there you have the amusement.  [lghy]

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: The July 12th Episodes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 12:08:56 AM »
for various reasons episode 535 is an all-time favorite of mine.
i loved the scene where barnabas followed vicki around the drawing room,begging her to tell him the dream.it was shot in a really cool way.

and let's not get started with julia making contact with cassandra! :o
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: The July 12th Episodes
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 10:18:41 PM »
i loved the scene where barnabas followed vicki around the drawing room,begging her to tell him the dream

And he does so because he's completely willing to sacrifice himself in order to save Vicki. Uh oh - another example where Barnabas is behaving unselfishly.  :D  (Though at least at this point he's human, so the vampire curse issue that I mentioned in the July 13th topic doesn't come into play...)