Author Topic: Fest 2005: Who's Going?  (Read 4986 times)

ClaudeNorth

Fest 2005: Who's Going?
« on: June 16, 2005, 07:46:17 AM »
Okay, there are less than two months until this year's DS gathering, so now is as good a time as any to start tracking the attendees from the Forum.

I, alas, will not be attending this year.  I was hell-bent on making this my first West Coast Fest, but a lack of funds and a serious need to focus on my portfolio and on finding an internship are keeping me here in Philly.  And, I was looking forward to seeing everyone I met last year  >:D but I guess some things simply are not meant to be.  However, I will be there with you in spirit (how appropriate) and hopefully I will make it to the big 40th Anniversary Extravaganza in New York City.

Looking forward to seeing lots of photos and hearing lots of stories!

John

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Fest 2005: Who's Going?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 03:33:14 PM »
Hi John i won't be going either this yr to The DS FEST but next yr i'm going to the one
in NYC!!     Hope to meet you there next yr!
                                   Love Anne
:-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 05:26:46 PM »
I will be attending!  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  I can hardly wait!

Offline Bette

• Full Poster
  • Quentin, you have no future.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 07:05:40 PM »
So sorry we won't be seeing you this year, Jean-Claude. It was great to meet you last year, and I was looking forward to seeing you again. :D  Next year, for sure.

Since I'm one of the SoCal crowd, I will definitely be there 8), as will my roomie from Cincy, Cath.

Bette
Life works if you let it

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 09:40:10 PM »
 ;D

I am happy to say that this will be my fourth Fest! I am really excited to see all my
Forum and IRC Chat Chums. I can't wait.
We should have a pretty good showing from the  8) Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Yes, Mr. Selby there really is such a thing! 

To those who can not join us - You will be missed- and -See you next year at 40 in NYC-

LdyAnne
AKA Beth

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 06:58:58 AM »
I will be there!!  I can't wait!! [cheesyg]  I will be driving down from the San Francisco Bay Area. :D I look forward to seeing all my "Internet  DS Friends" and meeting some DS stars I haven't met yet!!  [gring]  This will be my 3rd Fest, and I plan to attend the big 40th Anniversary Fest next year, too. ;)

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 07:55:59 PM »
Sniff, sniff... :'(

I finally had to face grim reality yesterday and cancelled the hotel reservations I've had since January.  I held out as long as possible but it finally boiled down to a choice between some major remodeling in my home or the trip to CA.  Decisions!

But...

I am determined to make it to NYC next year for the 40th and hope to see a bunch of DSBoard people there.  At least that's something fun to look forward to.  Until then though, like ClaudeNorth, I'll be looking forward to the photos, stories and reports.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 08:40:38 PM »
i'm with you CastleBee i have some much work to do here
and will be lucky to make it to The cape this summer
but next year i have to go to NYC for the Big 40th ;D

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 05:27:17 AM »
Sniff, sniff... :'(

I finally had to face grim reality yesterday and cancelled the hotel reservations I've had since January.  I held out as long as possible but it finally boiled down to a choice between some major remodeling in my home or the trip to CA.  Decisions!

At least the remodeling is something you'll be able to enjoy for years, and is a real investment.  That's how I'm approaching the choice of school over the Fest.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 03:27:48 PM »
I fully intend on going to the 40th next year, since I won't have things like moving to worry about. I should be in a position to do what I want next summer for the first time in a couple of years. Also, NY will be a lot closer to me than CA.  :)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 03:53:41 PM »
i have been fortunate in that the last two fests were in the new york area.
but i just can't swing a trip to california for this year's. :(

i'm thrilled that the 40th anniversary fest will be in n.y. next year.i hope that my dream girl will honor the occasion with an appearance...but i know that's unlikely. ::)
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2005, 10:03:19 PM »
I couldn't find the "who's coming" thread, so I was looking to follow up, is there a plan for those of us who would like to, to kind of meet up say Friday evening or sometime so we can say hello to our fellow posters here in person? I think that might be fun. Its getting so close now I can sense my systems reaching the red zone of anticipation! My wife and I are flying out from Virginia on Wednesday so we can do some non-fest events as well, Disneyland, Graveline Tours, some of the celebrity cemeteries, Malibu, and maybe the zoo, etc. Looking very forward to the tour of Greystone as well. And let us not forget the $50 baked chicken dinner! Anyway, can we get out mouseketeer role call?

Michael
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2005, 10:25:39 PM »
I couldn't find the "who's coming" thread, so I was looking to follow up, is there a plan for those of us who would like to, to kind of meet up say Friday evening or sometime so we can say hello to our fellow posters here in person? I think that might be fun. Its getting so close now I can sense my systems reaching the red zone of anticipation! My wife and I are flying out from Virginia on Wednesday so we can do some non-fest events as well, Disneyland, Graveline Tours, some of the celebrity cemeteries, Malibu, and maybe the zoo, etc. Looking very forward to the tour of Greystone as well. And let us not forget the $50 baked chicken dinner! Anyway, can we get out mouseketeer role call?

I agree Michael. I attended last years Fest and only ran into a couple of posters. We will all of you be hiding this year? lol Will posters have their DS Forums' names on or do I have to do some CSI work. lol

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2005, 04:16:00 AM »
I agree Michael. I attended last years Fest and only ran into a couple of posters. We will all of you be hiding this year? lol Will posters have their DS Forums' names on or do I have to do some CSI work. lol

I will do that. But also Look for me and say hi. Here is a picture of me and a friend (I am on the right) ;)
LdyAnne

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 07:30:54 PM »
I thought it would be helpful to have this thread back on the "front page" so to speak even though I'm not one of the lucky ones going this year..... :'(

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas