Author Topic: Sad Fates of 1966 Characters  (Read 3427 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Sad Fates of 1966 Characters
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 07:12:40 AM »
I am not a nitpicker, but please don't use that green color for the text as I have to click and shade what you write to read it.  Its really hard on the eyes.

I don't have a problem with green posts unless they are on the light background.  I can never read red or royal blue post.

Gee, all the times I have used this color, and nobody complained until now. [protest]  I like this color, and thought it was a good choice.  [huhg]  I will change colors for this post now. :D  Is this color ok?  ??? I have been using lime because I  thought  it was easier to read than other shades of green.  I guess I was wrong!  [6184]  Green is my favorite color and my "handle" is EmeraldRose, though...so I do want to use some shade of green for my posts.  [smlyg]

Maybe I should start a new thread about this subject to get other people's point of view. [huhg]  I would like some feedback about this.  I certainly don't want my choice of color to be difficult for others to read. ::) Maybe I could use a different shade of green.  [bigok]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 12:24:02 AM »
The problem may be with how color is used and not with any single color choice.  This link will take you to a post that states it much better than I could:
May I Ask A Favor?.......

Maybe I could use a different shade of green.
If it helps, main topics have a lighter background color and then alternate between darker and lighter colors.  In an established topic, you can find out if any new posts have been added by using the preview feature before submitting your post.  It's still possible for a post to be submitted a split second before yours, so it's a good idea to look over your post (you can set your Look and Layout preference [in your profile] to return to the topic after posting) in case you want to click the modify button and edit your color choice.

However, it's very possible that the current color scheme of the forums will change, AND that themes may at some point vary individually.

All that having been said, here's a suggestion for a green against posts with a lighter background:
This is darkgreen in size 4.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 12:48:47 AM »
Finding a shade of green that's compatible with the darker background was touger than I thought, but here is the hex code for DarkSeaGreen1 and DarkSeaGreen2 respectively:

This is #C1FFC1 in size 4.

This is #B4EEB4 in size 4.

Please keep in mind, however, that the Forums' theme (appearance) may change.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 04:01:20 AM »
  Thank you very much for being so helpful, Midnite!!  [thumb] I am using darkgreen now. [jester]  I will take what you said into account when choosing my colors. [cheesyg]  I can still use green!! [cheer]

----- Sally -----
[/size]
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2005, 04:22:17 AM »
You're very welcome.  I'm glad it helped!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 12:14:15 AM »
Pennydreadful...perhaps the worst part:
the writers and Dan Curtis must have had fun conjuring up creative ways to "off" some of these characters...
is that I don't think that it was 'conjured up'; talked about, thought through at all, leading to the demise.

And, the recycling read Gerard Stiles aka Ghost of Quentin wanna be...yuck.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Green text / was: Sad Fates of 1966 Characters
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 11:57:12 PM »
Please keep in mind, however, that the Forums' theme (appearance) may change.

Well, darkgreen apparently isn't an option with this theme.   :-   And you may have noticed (or not ;)), that the main topic is now the darker rather than lighter color.

I'd have to play around with other shades of green to see what's readable for this theme.  But once again, keep in mind that there could be a change.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Green text / was: Sad Fates of 1966 Characters
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 06:40:06 AM »
Well, darkgreen apparently isn't an option with this theme.   :-   And you may have noticed (or not ;)), that the main topic is now the darker rather than lighter color.

I'd have to play around with other shades of green to see what's readable for this theme.  But once again, keep in mind that there could be a change.

Thanks for being so helpful! :)  How is THIS color?  It's lightgreen.  I experimented to find this color.  I guess I will have to adjust the colors accordingly, depending upon the theme of the moment.  ;) [smlyg]

----- Sally -----
[/color]
[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 07:10:46 AM »