Author Topic: Who would have ever guessed that one day there would be a beaded Barnabas -  (Read 471 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And it's actually quite amazing:

Barnabas Collins Portrait Beaded Tapestry

Wow!!

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Amazing, but too rich for my blood.  The most I ever anticipated paying for any DS memorabilia was $3,000. I placed a bid at the Festival for the original Angelique painting. I was outbid. This was either 1986 or somewhere or a year or two later. I was single and teaching. I figured if I could get it for the  limit left on my credit card, i'd buy it. In 2006 I went as high as $800 for the original artwork from the first Ross paperback. Having grown up in Newport, the imagery tying in with my childhood was an extra incentive. I was outbid as well. Perhaps it was for the best. I bought a copy of the painting a few months later. The forgery, as far as i can tell is indistinguishable from the original and only cost me about $130. Most of that was for the framing and matting.

Still it's a very nice piece and obviously the result of painstaking work.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Wow is right! I moused over to get the detailed look, but the true beauty of the workmanship must surely only be realized in person, especially walking around the painting in good lighting and seeing all those colors flashing through and around the portrait.

Great find!

G.