Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1177  (Read 495 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1177
« on: August 11, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »
Robservations #1177

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1177

FAREWELL, DONNA WANDREY!

Donna Wandrey makes her final appearance on DS in this ep...

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:06:18 AM »
It's Eliot. I had totally forgotten he showed up.  He reveals he found Flora Collins journal that Barnbas was never found. It's been a week he went missing. I wonder how Eliot found her journal in the ruined house and it hadn't been found when they searched before the disaster.
Gerard is at the door of the lab and Julia pretends she is reading. Julia paves the way for Eliot's arrival. Valerie and Julia plot to keep Barnabas' true identity from Eliot. Julia relays the whole convoluted mess of 1840 to Eliot. Stokes knows of Judah.
Julia has a dream from the great love Roxanne asking her to Follow. Valerie interrupts the dream. Valerie and Julia are looking outside Trask Chapel but do not realize it. Stokes arrives greeted by Gerard.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:08:20 PM »
The mystery guest is Professor Stokes. Yay! A familiar character is always welcome, though they don't really do very much with him until it's time to wind things up. I wonder if they had Eliot time travel just in case Jonathan decided not to renew his contract.
Julia updates him on what's been going on in 1840, including a lot of long forgotten storylines that really have little bearing on the current story. It does contain one of my favorite dialogue exchanges. When Julia states that they may have been wrong to have blamed the 1970 disaster on Gerard Stiles and that Judah Zachary was responsible. Stokes asks: "Judah Zachary, the warlock?" Sixteen year old me shouted back: "No, Judah Zachary, the used car salesman."
Two very intriguing potential scenes never take place. Eliot knows that Angelique/Cassandra/Valerie is a witch and it would have been a lot of fun watching them play cat and mouse with each other. Same with Gerard and Eliot. Gerard definitely things that there is something fishy about how Eliot just happens to be related to Ben and Carrie, who presumably never heard of him. A scene of some sort between Eliot and Carrie would have been nice.
But all of this is brushed aside when Roxanne conveniently visits Julia in a dream with the idea of leading her to Barnabas. This is a much more benevolent Roxanne than the one who showed up at Flora's seance.
Last episode for Donna Wandrey. No doubt that she would have turned up again if the series had continued, in some variation of Roxanne.
Fade Away and Radiate