Author Topic: Another curiosity  (Read 618 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Another curiosity
« on: June 30, 2017, 07:00:43 AM »
I've been wanting to ask this for several years and never get around to it.

Sites that I use regularly I usually don't bookmark.  In the drop down list where you enter the address, all of the recent sites are listed and those that aren't usually come up if just one or 2 letters are typed.

A few years ago I tried to get to my WordPerfect forum and there was a problem and I got "page load error."  A day or two later it was fixed, but the icon in the list still said "page load error," but it took me to the site.  After a while it changed back to the regular icon.

Shortly after that the same thing happened here.  But, my icon still says "page load error."  A while back, maybe a year or two ago, I suddenly realized that the picture of the icon is for DS - I don't remember if it always was or if it changed at some point.  Anyway, next to that picture are the words "Page Load Error" and then the url for this site.

I'm curious why the WordPerfect one shortly after changed back to the regular listing, while this one has stayed with the error listing.
Josette

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Another curiosity
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 07:17:26 AM »
Sorry, Josette - I'm afraid I have no clue whatsoever why the "page load error" hasn't changed to "Dark Shadows Forums" in your browser's drop down list of recent sites visited. But I might be able to do you one better because even though I'm here on the forum every day, the forum isn't listed at all in my browser's drop down window of recent sites visited.  [wink2]

As for the image, I'm presuming you mean the forum's icon which shows in the heading of a browser wherever you're here and which is a mini version of:

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Another curiosity
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2017, 07:30:18 AM »
Yes, that's the image.  Perhaps it was like that all along, but for a long time I was sure it was something that went along with the error message and then suddenly I realized it was DS.
Josette