Author Topic: ‘Suspiria’ Uncut 35mm Print Has Been Discovered/Will Screen Across the Country  (Read 555 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Thanks MB...(were there supposed to be subtitles?)

I'm glad you said clip 2; if I didn't know to look for ((her)), I would've missed it.

Who has seen the original? Did they have subtitles?

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The original film is in several languages depending on where it was released, but the US version was in English when I saw it in 1977 (and Joan Bennett has a line that is often quoted - but to do so here would spoil things for those who've never seen the film). However, the newly discovered 35MM print is in Italian so I believe what will be shown in theaters will be in Italian and I would suspect it's pretty much a certainty that it will have English subtitles...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
It's worth stating, too, that Joan somehow was able to loop her own English dialogue for the English language release print of SUSPIRIA.

In a lot of older Italian horror films, all the dialogue was "looped" (that is, re-recorded) for various language editions by professional actors who did this work in Italy.  I don't think Barbara Steele was able to loop her own dialogue in any of her classic Italian horror films of the Sixties, which I have always thought was a great shame.

So glad we got to hear our beloved Mistress of Collinwood in SUSPIRIA... particularly that line referenced by MB...  (love it!!!!)

cheers, G.