Author Topic: Julia's fate in HODS  (Read 3042 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: Julia's fate in HODS
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2005, 08:43:30 AM »
There were so many made during the 50s and 60s that my faulty old brain cells got them mixed up but I recall some of them had Dracula (or the vampire) unstaked and brought back to life.  One of my favs is Billy the Kid v. Dracula.  That movie is one big hoot.  And, love that episode of Buffy.

[spoiler]That's interesting about the blood drip because they used the same thing to bring back Viktor back from his slumber in Underworld.  Looks like another elder is going to be resurected in the same manner for the sequel.[/spoiler]

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2005, 08:47:34 AM »
Whole lotta spoilers...

[spoiler]Around the time HODS was made, bringing back Dracula was very popular particularly in the Hammer horror movies.  Usually, an unstaking did the trick since they weren't dusted or otherwise had their bodies poofed away.  This also allowed for a sequel in the off chance that Frid would reprise Barnabas.[/spoiler]

It didn't seem to matter how Dracula was dispatched in the Hammer films-- he was brought back in a different way for each sequel, but I don't recall that it was ever accomplished by an unstaking. 

The Universal Monster movie House of Frankenstein used the unstaking technique to restore John Carradine's Dracula from a skeleton to vampire-in-the-flesh.  Maybe that's where you remember seeing it, victoriawinters.

ProfStokes

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005, 08:50:02 AM »
By jove I think that must be it.  I knew he was in more then one Dracula too.

luv, victoriawinters

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
Barnabas, Carolyn, Roger and Stokes--any or all of them could have been unstaked and brought back for a sequel. The three male vampires would be out for vengeance on Jeff Clark, which would have been entertaining on so many levels.
Fade Away and Radiate