Author Topic: He's So Mean  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
Re: He's So Mean
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 08:49:17 PM »
Exactly MB... Not counting his induced Leviathan lapse, you'd be best not to cross him!!  [easter_shocked]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2017, 04:05:04 AM »
 [pointing-up]

Oh yeah MB....poor Willie and poor Julia.

He get's a 'p'ass on the Levis though....

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Barnababy

• Junior Poster
  • Batty for Collinwood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2017, 10:07:54 PM »
I cannot have seen the early Barn eps, especially where he's thinking, "I must eliminate David".

What? I always remember Barn being loving & protective of the various incarnations of DH.

I really HATE Barn at this point; I remember some cousins didn't like him, and I didn't understand why.

At least David's behaving less psychotic.

Can't believe it....

Patti

Hey, Patti!  I watched the original DS as a kid but not until about 1968 and can't have prior to 1967 as we didn't even have a working TV set then.  (My parents watched President Kennedy's funeral on a neighbor's set, and once a year we went to a neighbor's to see The Wizard of Oz.)  Even after getting a TV, Mom forbid us watching any soap opera, including Dark Shadows, dismissing it as "sad stuff."  Finally, this had to be the summer I was six, my best friend informed me it wasn't "sad stuff" and I had to watch, and my sisters and I and to some extent Mom were all soon completely hooked!  I absolutely loved Barnabas, he was my major crush and first great love.

After the series ended in 1971 I never saw it again until a local TV station began rerunning some in 1982 by which time I was in college.  In this case they started with the episode where Barnabas showed up.  I've seen parts of the previous episodes only sporadically on other stations more recently.  When it reached the part about how Barnabas wasn't going to just eliminate Cousin David, but in a way to make sure he would really suffer in the process, Mom said, "A lovely man!"  (Sarcasm font.)  I was just floored.  I watched that program faithfully every single weekday for over two years and remembered no such thing!  Dr. Julia Hoffman may have had some mistakes in her trial and error to cure Barnabas, but her treatments certainly did him good!  (By the way, dig the way lady doctors were portrayed on TV then.  My sister grew up to be a lady doctor!)