Author Topic: DS episodes online  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: DS episodes online
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 12:57:20 AM »
In early 2010, I had heard a little something about DVDs not being mass-produced.
There are times when I'm looking at older movies, and there'll be a disclaimer, "This will only be produced if you are purchasing it". Since I heard that, I got in gear with buying movies and TV series. I don't know why, but I love owning TV series.

A lot of people now believe that physical media (such as CDs and DVDs/BDs) have gone the way of the dinosaur.  This fiction is being promoted by some huge corporate media megaliths that want you to get rid of anything you have in the way of physical media and just sign up for subscription services that you'll pay for for the rest of your life.

We have such *&^$%*^ lousy internet, that there's A L O T of times that I'm happy with my DVDs.

I won't stop buying them, but, I can see them 'switching' to something like a USB.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »
In case anyone was looking for any DS episodes on Dailymotion.com apparently you must only use a regular Google search of video content for a particular episode... Then you will see them come up for that site.

If you search on the actual site, your search will not find anything for some reason.
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 09:31:38 PM »
How strange! But thanks so much for passing that along, RoboQ.  [easter_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2017, 03:59:55 AM »
This news report explains DCP's "strategy" for continued streaming of DS episodes on Hulu.

The good news for my friend is that later in 2017, the entire first year (roughly 200 episodes) are to be made available on the web channel.  Gratifyingly, the story notes that some of the best episodes of our series aired during that 1966-67 year.

http://www.collinsporthistoricalsociety.com/2017/05/hulu-to-receive-dark-shadows-transfusion.html

Best,  G

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2017, 04:23:03 AM »
Well, that explains why there are such an odd array of eps available there. Thanks, Gothick.  [easter_smiley]