Author Topic: Dark Shadows meets Gilmore Girls  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows meets Gilmore Girls
« on: February 02, 2005, 07:16:13 AM »
Tonite I had dog training class so I taped Gilmore Girls.  Just watched part of it a few minutes ago and Dark Shadows is discussed on tonight's episode!

It began with Michelle (the manager of Lorelei Gilmore's Inn, The Dragonfly) complaining that in unoccupied rooms there's been a rash of Toblerone thefts from the mini fridge and the bedding is all messed up. Lorelei joking says there may be ghost.  Later she finds the Inn's Chef, Suki, in one of the rooms, propped up by pillows on the bed, eating Toblerone, watching TV.  Suki explains that one night a while back, she had been looking forward to watching Dark Shadows, the ep where Barnabas is released, and got hooked on the show all over again. Lorelei understands her and joins her in watching the ep in progress.  In the background you hear the TV and I never heard it clearly enough, though, to determine if it were indeed Dark Shadows!

I was soooo surprised to see the DS/Gilmore Girls crossover tonite. How way too cool and fun! If it ever repeats I'll give you guys the head's up!

Seacrest...errr...Minja, out!!
[read3]

Always, Minja [bunny][/color][/size]

Would finish watching tonight, however, hubby has hijacked the TV.
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows meets Gilmore Girls
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:08:44 AM »
the ep where Barnabas is released,

I see on TV Tome that the one you've described, called "Come Home", is one of Matt Czuchry's episodes.  How cool!

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:20:02 PM »
In the background you hear the TV and I never heard it clearly enough, though, to determine if it were indeed Dark Shadows!

It was. You could just catch a bit of that inane dialogue where everyone's talking about Sarah's odd clothing.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 05:24:12 PM »
I got an email from one of my friends this morning. . inquiring if "my people. . my community" had mentioned this.  .hahha!  Talking about Sarah's wardrobe you say. .they should've played the MUSIC>...
Julia99

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 05:47:07 PM »
I've never seen that. Is that the one about the troupe of showgirls living in Mrs Gilmore's boarding house?  I only ask for reference purposes.

Are we worried about Dark Shadows addiction being associated with toblerone theft and chocoholism, a growing problem in today's America?

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 09:20:38 PM »
Are we worried about Dark Shadows addiction being associated with toblerone theft and chocoholism, a growing problem in today's America?

Quite possibly. After all, the last thing we want to see is a bunch of DS fans who also happen to be toberone thieves/chocoholics featured on an installment of Dr. Phil!  [shockeyes]

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 09:25:57 PM »
But isn't that how it usually goes?  ::)

Okay, I looked it up, couldn't find it. What is the meaning of the word toblerone?

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 09:28:55 PM »
Okay, I looked it up, couldn't find it. What is the meaning of the word toberone?

Toblerone is the name of a candy.  What KIND of candy, I have no idea.....but it's a candy.
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 09:30:05 PM »
But isn't that how it usually goes?  ::)

Okay, I looked it up, couldn't find it. What is the meaning of the word toberone?

Hmmm...I'm not sure, but allow me to share something from an episode of Family Guy.

Stewie, the baby, breaks Meg's glasses. When she looks down at him, he is very blurred, and he's holding a long brown shaft. He says, "Here's the question: Is it a poopy or a toblerone?" My guess is a type of cigar. :)

EDIT: I posted this right after Raineypark, and their explanation seems to work better than mine. ;)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 09:44:50 PM »
Thanks, I reread the thread and gathered it was a chocholate confection of some kind. I wonder if it is that stuff that comes in the oblong triangular yellowish box?

So, care to speculate which DS character might have a toblerone addiction? For some reason, N. Blair comes to mind for me. Perhaps Liz. The name is too fancy (and scarey!) for me to picture anyone else on the show to be much interested in it. Of course how would Liz even know about it, the poor dear hasn't been out of the house in a while.  ::)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 09:49:42 PM »
Toblerone is an extra high quality chocolate, traditionally made in long triangle-shaped sticks.  It gets high marks from some chocoholics.  I personally prefer Lindt or Ghirardelli's, but then I'm a fussy old luddite queen.

I can imagine Julia keeping a bar (or maybe 3 or 4) of Toblerone in a certain drawer of her desk at Wyndcliffe and indulging in same between gulps of espresso when things get too crazy at the old loony-hatch.

G.

Offline Ian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 09:50:14 PM »
LOL. I can picture just about any Louis Edmonds or Joan Bennett character having that obsession.

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 09:52:18 PM »
Thanks, I reread the thread and gathered it was a chocholate confection of some kind. I wonder if it is that stuff that comes in the oblong triangular yellowish box?

THAT'S IT!!!!

;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »
Actually, what would be much worse than a Dr. Phil installment? Law&Order basing an entire episode on DS fans/toblerone thieves/chocoholics.  [wow]  I can hear the voiceover for the NBC promos now: "Ripped off from another network's show - the Law&Order that will shock the country! They were already addicted to a 40 year old soap - but what unspeakable new low would they stoop to?!"

And toblerone is a Swiss chocolate with honey and almond nougat. Check out: www.toblerone.com  ;)

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 12:15:24 AM »
Someone pick me up off the floor. . how can you sophisticated fellows not know what Toblerone is. . its at the checkout stand of every major grocery store and in all airports  now . .. glad you found the website--next time we are standing around with nothing to do, i'm whipping out a  Toblerone!  oh wait. . maybe that doesn't sound quite right. .
Julia99