Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1124  (Read 483 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1124
« on: December 28, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
Robservations #1124

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1124

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 03:46:18 AM »
Desmond is writing in a journal and just so there is no doubt that he is controlled by Judah, it says Journal of Judah Zackary on the front. I wonder when he had time to run out and find a printer in Collinsport to do this and said printer didn't have questions.
Leticia collapses at Rose cottage when she sees the head. She doesn't seem that delicate.
Barnabas and his great love Roxanne  are talking at Collinwood when Trask show up with a letter from 1797. Written Two years after his father's death. Trask has huge raccoon ghoulish eyes and there is no known reason to look this way. Supposedly he is just your normal undertaker. Trask is obsessed with finding his father's body. Meanwhile I notice that Roxanne has an extremely tiny waist.
Otis Green shows up and his grandfather was the executioner 200 years ago at Bedford. Bedford had witch trials.  Curse on the families. Desmond wants the body of Zackary. Clues are left by Otis who perishes of a heart attack when seeing the head. In truth Otis had a scarier head.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 07:21:59 PM »
The opening voice over is extremely long winded. I miss the three or four line cryptic voice overs of the past. Tho hearing Lacy do it is kinda fun.

The entire Desmond/Judah/Leticia opening and first act bores me to death. Is the purpose to establish that Leticia is psychically sensitive? That Desmond is becoming possessed?

The Roxanne/Barn/Trask second act was entertaining. I agree with AD in that Trask's ghoulish raccoon eyes seem odd but I jumped in two episodes ago so I don't know if that's something new or if it is as has been since the beginning of the story line. I like the Trask vs Barn angle throughout the series. This one is particularly engrossing because it harkens back to 1795 and the first Trask. It's awesome that it is coming back to haunt Barn at this late date in the series.

Lacy's 1840 Trask is a little over the top but in a very enjoyable way. Opposite Wandrey's Roxanne it's practically Shakespearean.

I also like the Trask/Leticia scene. I always enjoy the suspense of a character getting close to the truth of things. And this episode has that in spades. Of course Barn arrives in the nick of time as Leticia gets close to the truth for Trask but as Trask states, that may not be the case. Their showdown at the Old House is very satisfying.

I didn't remember Otis Greene as a character, never mind the fact that he was played by Abe Vigoda. I guess Desmond as Judah is getting closer to reuniting his body with his head. Karlen is giving it his all but his performance is not moving me, in fact I find it somewhat annoying not to mention distracting.

It doesn't make sense to me that Otis would reveal anything to help JZ. I'd be like, "I'm dying, f**k you, ass hole!"