Author Topic: Bloopers  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
Bloopers
« on: January 31, 2005, 08:09:52 PM »
One of the things that's very charming about DS is the feeling I am watching a repertory theater.  Of course with all live acting, in real life too, we make mistakes.  On DS those mistakes are kept in because at the time they didn't have the time or money to stop and start again.  Well, the bloopers are so popular that MPI even has a tape of bloopers.  It's hilarious to watch and more fun to spot when watching DS.  I've made several animated files of some bloopers and keeping track of bloopers with screen captures.  I have some I'd like to share with everyone.  Here's one now:

Now many think Barnabas is "picking" his nose but I think he is just flicking it for a moment.  Of course if you watch this file more than once, it will look more like he's picking it.  But alas, he isn't.  Enjoy!
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bloopers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 11:06:45 PM »
     My computer took awhile to load the clip.  It played very slowly.  I began to laugh so hard my kids thought I had gone insane.  Pick or flick, it should have been reshot for the sake of Mr. Frid's dignity but then we would lose a real life moment in time. 
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 12:04:37 AM »
     My computer took awhile to load the clip.  It played very slowly.  I began to laugh so hard my kids thought I had gone insane.  Pick or flick, it should have been reshot for the sake of Mr. Frid's dignity but then we would lose a real life moment in time.

Sorry for the size, it is a large file.  I made it to play slowly so that part your computer is ok.  In the episode it was much faster! LOL

Offline DSFan008

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 02:31:05 AM »
the bloopers where the best part of DS sometimes. Especially when the actors called each other the wrong names.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 03:47:37 AM »
Yes those are funny but not for the actors!  :o  Judith calls Jamison "David"... that was done quite a bit, calling David Hensey's character David while doing the 1840, 1897 and PT storylines!  I still think ALL the actors carried their personal bloopers with dignity and professionalism!!!

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 07:11:24 AM »
Hello dsbarnabasfan... thank you so much for posting this its great! it is very easy to see Barnabas is not picking, [nono]   also Welcome to the Dark Shadows Forum I know you will enjoy your stay....   [8371] 
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 07:27:53 AM »
Hello dsbarnabasfan... thank you so much for posting this its great! it is very easy to see Barnabas is not picking, [nono]   also Welcome to the Dark Shadows Forum I know you will enjoy your stay....   [8371] 

Hi Ghost of Sarah Collins,

I like your name!  Thanks for the welcome and I'm glad people are enjoying the pic!  Are you the same ghost of SC who posts on Dark Shadows Discussion list on Yahoo?  If so cool to know someone here.  If not, it's still ok.  Always great to meet new people.