Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1123  (Read 720 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1123
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:20:57 PM »
Robservations #1123

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1123

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:15:29 PM »
I got a kick out of Selby's opening voice over.

JZ sounds weak. I am wondering if that is intentional.

Loving Desmond's bat wings tie.

Daphne's definitely a girl with a plan.

Enjoyed the writing for Edmond's Daniel and his delivery was fun to watch - the music helps of course, (a comforting thread throughout the series when it becomes unbearable).

Daphne: "I took a job here because I have very little money and it's respectable work." Uh, okay.

I am dying to see if Otis Greene shows up and who is playing him.

This has probably been mentioned already - Is that Josette's portrait in Flora's home (Rose cottage?)?

Quentin: "Bad news already?" What an understatement, lol.

Well, during Flora's tarot reading for Quentin I think we discover Daphne's interest in Quentin - My guess is that someone that Daphne knows died and she blames Quentin for it. And I guess the note from Daphne left anonymously in Collinwood's foyer yesterday for Quentin is "signed" by that dead person. I guess I will find out soon enough.

Was Flora's occult tutelage under Gerard something that was shown?

Okay: Daphne's plan - Kill Quentin.

Advanced guess: Quentin successfully defends himself against Daphne's accusations and they end up falling in love.

Question: How is this Quentin related to 1897's Quentin?

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:39 PM »
The relationship between the two Quentin's is never explicitly stated but Edith and presumably Gabriel appear to be the grandparents of 1897 Quentin. In 1970, Quentin tells Maggie that the 1840 Quentin was his great uncle. Surprisingly (or maybe not), Maggie lets that remark go unchallenged.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 06:26:26 PM »
Oh, that's right, thanx, Unc!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 01:15:44 PM »
all the assorted and sundry "Quentins" are essentially the same character. they all look and and act and talk exactly the same. i think the writers just wanted the viewer to equate one with the other and bothersome details about how they were all "related" were not considered important.

similar to the various "Trasks". they were supposed to "represent" the same thing to the audience.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 07:18:40 PM »
Desmond dreams of the head. Flora sees it and wants it gone. Flora is to reunite Q with Daniel tonight. This seems weird as Daniel seems wander about the house and surely someone would say Q is alive. Q is having Daniel moved into his old room. He has obviously been deranged since his wife died and maybe before, so why is he suddenly able to cope now?
Daniel talks to Desmond of the Bedford murders 20 decapitated. Desmond goes to the Star to find information and Daphne opens the door. This is surprising but seems pointless that she works there. It seems unlikely that they would hire a woman in 1840.
Desmond signs his name Judah and covers by saying it is a pen name. A dinner is planned with Flora, Desmond, Daphne and Q. She dramatically states she will meet the man she is going to kill.  [ChristmaS2]
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 07:54:11 PM »
A nice scene between Daniel, Flora, Quentin and Desmond establishes them as a close family.
Desmond interrogates Daniel about the Bedford Atrocities of 1803 and Daniel is more lucid than he has been in this storyline.
Desmond wants more information which leads him to the local newspaper office where Daphne has found sudden employment. He wants back issues of the paper to take home and confuses Daphne by signing them out as Judah Zachary.
More info from Daniel on Bedford. In 1803, a man named Otis Green committed a series of ritualistic murders and claimed that he was under the influence of a severed head. Otis just happens to live nearby.
Flora throws a dinner party, where Quentin meets Daphne. She is oddly uncomfortable. After dinner, it's revealed that she has come to Collinsport to kill Quentin.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 06:46:29 PM »
I have to say I love this capture of Selby from this ep:

He looks so goofy!!  [goofb]  But I bet while watching the actual ep, it probably appears so briefly that you never really notice it. The power of the capture!!  [b003]