Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1122  (Read 612 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1122
« on: December 17, 2016, 11:18:02 PM »
Robservations #1122

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1122

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:39:41 AM »
Well, I guess Quentin & Gabriel believe in the thirty second rule. Quentin picks up Gabriel's plate and muffin off the floor and hands them back to him.

JZ opens his eyes - very creepy.

Hair must be a big thing in 1840 - it's almost like watching an Italian movie.

I am already curious about Daphne and her interest in Quentin. Although I wish she were still a mute ghost, and add Barnabas to that mute list. Both Jackson and Frid's vocal deliveries were awful throughout the episode. Not diggin Karlen's accent either but the hair is a hoot.

Selby (tall glass of water that he is) was okay but the writing overall for this episode stinks, IMO. Pennock & Hall gave the best performances as brief as they were.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 03:02:35 AM »
Barnabas grabs Daphne and accuses her of working with Gerard. She is clueless and he has foolishly made her wary of him.
Q tells Desmond he wants Samantha, but he sure seemed indifferent to her the other day.
Julia and Barnabas talk about changing the drama to save 1970. How about kill Gerard now?
Desmond looks at the head and seems mesmerized. Q show up and Desmond tells him his present is books and not the head. Apparently the head doesn't want to be given to Q. There are lots of shots of the head with eyes clothes, do you suppose that means one shot will have open eyes?
Desmond reveals to Barnabas that Daphne's carriage story was baloney. It was not broken. She later sneaks into Collinwood and leaves a note.
Barnabas now suddenly wants to tell Q, who they just met, about their reason for being there. What a dunderhead. Julia smartly objects. She seems to have gained her brain after the coffin fiasco. The note is for Q and he reads it.
There it is! eyes open.  Desmond then dreams of the head and it wants his help. I just ran through the credits and Lea Swift is now the producer.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 07:37:18 PM »
Daphne finally shows up. Barnabas overplayed hand big time by insisting that she is meeting up with Gerard, whose name means nothing to her. He actually threatens her and only the timely arrival of Desmond seems to head that off. Desmond seems suspicious of Barnabas and there is clearly some vague hostility there.
Barnabas wants to fill Quentin in on why they are there but Julia is opposed to it. Why not? Keeping everything hush hush didn't work in 1970 and it would make an interesting twist if they had someone else on their side.
Desmond seems quite infatuated with Daphne but she seems to be using him to get information on the Collins family, Quentin in particular.
And the head of Judah Zachary seems to be after Desmond for something. Something sinister, to be sure.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 01:13:44 AM »
Typical Barnabas stealth-mode, being about as tactful as sledgehammer with Daphne!! Coming off like a crazy person telling her what SHE is doing here!! 

Uh... And who the hell are you btw??  [snow_shocked]
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."