Author Topic: Dark Shadows Hearty Entertainment Article  (Read 1384 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows Hearty Entertainment Article
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:29:50 AM »
Oh how cute!  Thanks for posting that link, jimbo!  When I was a kid I didn't make up my own plays, but we used to play DS at all our Girl Scout meetings when I was in the 5th grade and take turns being Barnabas -- LOL!

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 06:23:58 PM »
Gosh it is nice to know I am not the only one who acted out the DS stories with my friends.
I remember while the Daphnee hauting wasgoing on we would use my closet as the PlayRoom and
the sliding closet doors would  make the room apear and disappear. Gee those are fond memories
I wish I knew what happened to my friend we lost touch after high school.

LdyAnne

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 01:37:55 AM »
Ok, since everyone is being open and honest here I too remember fantasing a bit as a child about DS but not about any character in particular. For some reason the drawing room doors at Collinwood fascinated me. As a child I would open dual doors at my home and made believe things would happen on the other side when I opened the doors. Can't remember what I envisioned but there was alot to see. lol

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 10:03:30 AM »
I'm loving this whole discussion!  LOL!  When I played by myself I think I took turns being several characters and would go back and forth from casting spells to being possessed -- LOL! 

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 03:45:03 PM »
Me too. I did an episode on cassette tape once using the DS LP (album) for background music. All I remember from it is a scene I did at the Blue Whale between two male characters.

And I remember at one point I wanted to be on the show. So I did a living room audition, lol. I decided that I could play David, after Leviathan Michael punishes him by changing his face, and giving him amnesia, etc. I used a pillow for the transformation scene.  ::)  I didn't get the part, lol.

Once I acted out a scene w/a friend between Garth Blackwood & Aristede. I played Aristede. <dom blushes>

Then there was the time that I've never been able to live down. I was playing Barnabas in a car, in the rain. My cousin was Carolyn and she'd asked me to marry her. I told her with all the seriousness that I could muster that I couldn't marry her because vampires didn't have wee wees. Neeless to say, my cousin ruined the take with his laughter. He's still laughing. And needless to say, I am very glad I am not a vampire!  ;)

I was a corny kid.

I think it's great seeing DS mentioned in print these days. Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day.

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 07:57:33 AM »
I told her with all the seriousness that I could muster that I couldn't marry her because vampires didn't have wee wees.

ROTFL!! [a1f5]

Offline FireRose

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 08:51:07 AM »
I told her with all the seriousness that I could muster that I couldn't marry her because vampires didn't have wee wees.

That was funny, but could you just imagine what they would be showing Barnabas Collins doing on Dark Shadows if it was airing as a daytime soap in 2005.

So your reason for not marrying her would have been proved untrue very quickly.

FireRose