Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1117  (Read 448 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1117
« on: November 25, 2016, 07:30:31 PM »
Robservations #1117

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1117

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 06:53:17 PM »
Barnabas comes to and Julia holds a cross finally when she doesn't need it as it iis 1970 Barnabas, but soon realizes it is he. Roxanne awakens and cries for Barnabas to bite her, he refuses, and Julia will try to hypnotize her with her back up a crystal from the chandelier.
Barnabas introduces himself at Collinwood. We see mystery feet walking which turns out to be Desmond who is Flora's son. He frightens his mother and it would have been more interesting if he had arrived before the Barnabas switch so the audience could fear for Flora.
Desmond has brought back a human head to give to Q who he learns is dead. Flora hates the head and so do I I found this not at all interesting when I saw it originally. Samantha opens the door to Barnabas and It would have been interesting if KLS had played her. His two great loves as sisters.
A huge storm is brewing and Roxanne dissapears before Julia is sure she has erased her memory. Julia rushes to Collinwood with the news and greets her brother. Roxanne comes in and collapses saying she knows Barnabas. Julia reveals she is a doctor and nobody is surprised a woman in 1840 is a doctor.  Julia comes down and says she gave Roxanne a sedative, did she being pocketfuls from the future. Roxanne has no memory.
Suddenly we are at Rose cottage which is a reworking of Angelique's PT room and looks nothing like the the 1970 Rose Cottage which is a blessing. The head is there and it's eyes open. Too bad it wasn't the heD of Count Petofi. Oh, wait! They did that before.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »
1970 Barnabas shows up, better late than never, I guess. And he manages to drop into quite a mess. He feels guilty (or as guilty as Barnabas is capable of) about what's happened to Roxanne. Julia comes to the rescue with sedatives and a blood transfusion, though how she manages to accomplish this in 1840 is best left unexplained.
Desmond Collins, the son of Flora, returns from the Orient, with one of the most ridiculously inappropriate gifts imaginable. A severed head. How very thoughtful. How did he get that through customs, if there were customs at that time. Flora is less than amused and I really don't blame her. She's been presented as a free spirit/madcap character but this might be a little too much.
Of all the MacGuffins on DS, the head is my least favorite. It's basically a retread of the hand of Count Petofi, with the gore element amped up. I didn't find this scary in 1970 and I don't know. When I watched these episodes originally, all I could think of was how much fun they would have had goofing around with these props during rehearsal
Fade Away and Radiate