Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1114  (Read 556 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1114
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:30:14 PM »
Robservations #1114

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1114

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 06:19:28 AM »
Barnabas' I Ching door opens on Julia Collins dead 1840. He can't go through and reveals to Stokes that Julia will be dead in 3 days.  They go to graveyard to find her next to Minerva Trask.
Back in 1840, Roxanne comes to Collinwood to visit her sister Samantha and mets Julia and introduces Lamar Trask who wants to marry Roxanne. Lamar is a mortician and a real prize as all the Trask men. He wants to wed Roxanne but she dislikes him. Barnabas watches her and this incarnation falls madly in love with her at first sight also. He approaches her on terrace and has to see her again. He then says he must stay away and can't. He will love her like no other and bites her neck. True love!
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:35:30 PM »
Barnabas and Eliot find proof that Julia was somehow killed back in 1840. Barnabas must get time travel back in time to save her. I Ching awaits!
1840 Julia meets Roxanne Drew, who is the sister of Samantha. She is not yet a vampire but still kind of bitchy. Especially when it comes to Lamar Trask, the local mortician, who probably does a booming business. Roxanne's father (who we never see) has apparently attempted to marry Roxanne off to Lamar, which the young lady is understandably unhappy about. She basically tells Lamar to take a hike but he is not easily deterred.
Lamar is somewhat of a problem character. There was no indication that the 1795 Reverend Trask had sired a child. Mom must have been quite similar to Abigail or dad for Lamar to have embraced such similar values.
Julia wants to warn Roxanne about the danger awaiting but she doesn't know how it will happen. Really, Julia? Really?
Vampire Barnabas spots Roxanne and is instantly smitten. I still have a problem accepting this love at first sight thing. The traits that attracted him to the PT Roxanne don't seem to be here. Oh, well. He materializes in her house and promptly chomps her. This will not end well.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 01:03:55 PM »
all the assorted and sundry "Trasks" that came after 1795 were "problematic" because, as pointed out, the original character had no children.

but like many plot inconsistencies of course this can get chalked up to the fact these episodes were only supposed to be seen once and not cross referenced. maybe viewers wouldn't remember a plot detail from 3 years earlier.

besides the various Trasks were essentially the same character. or at least they were supposed to "represent" the same thing to the viewer. he was similar to Quentin in that regard. although they are all technically different people the viewer is supposed to equate on with the other. they are spoken of in the fandom as if it was the same character.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.