Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1111  (Read 471 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1111
« on: November 07, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »
Robservations #1111

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1111

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 04:37:52 AM »
Daniel drags Julia in to the playroom. He calls her Harriet, his wife that clearly he killed. Ben calms him and takes him to his room. Julia lost an earring in the struggle and it is on the floor and Gabe finds it. Julia thinks Barnabas might use the I Ching to come find her. This assumes a lot that he is still in existence and that he wants to follow her or can.
Flora lives in Rose cottage and she is a flighty author of romance stories. Gerard comes in and Gabe shows him the earring. Gerard is clairvoyant.
Ben meanwhile has come up with a story that Julia is Barnabas's sister Julia Collins coming to meet him and she came to America ten years ago. She is to arrive at 8:30. I would have. Liked to see her say I think it would be better if I were his American fiancée. Gabe knows the story of Angelique being a witch contrary to all that has gone before that it was a covered up secret.  The we see Julia is not arriving and she is at the Mausoleum thinking the he is calling to her. She looks very attractive in her hooded cape. This just seems really stupid to come by herself and one can only hope she has a cross concealed in the cape.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 08:24:24 PM »
Julia meets Daniel Collins, although the circumstances are hardly ideal. Daniel has mistaken Julia for his late wife Harriet, who Daniel apparently killed. We get some back story on the family. Daniel and Harriet seem to have had a horrible marriage and raised at least one (likely two) extremely dysfunctional sons. Daniel is quite insane; his circumstances are very similar to Jenny, right down to being kept in the tower room. Was he insane prior to his marriage? Nice work by Louis Edmonds.
During the struggle with Daniel, Julia looses an earring. Gabriel finds it.
Enter Flora! Joan Bennett is having the time of her DS life here playing a character that is part Barbara Cartland and part Billie Burke. DS doesn't always do well with comic relief characters but Flora is a gas. Too bad that isn't sustained.
Gerard and Gabriel clearly do not like each other. Gabriel has his number. Gerard is a two bit hustler with a quick temper. Entry level evil but not what he saw in 1995/70. So what happened?
Ben probably saw enough weirdness in 1795 that he accepts Julia's story at face value. He has created a scenario where Julia is supposed to arrive at Collinwood and pass herself off as the daughter of original recipe Barnabas, paving the way for the appearance of her brother, Barnabas Jr. Julia is supposed to have been living in Philadelphia for 10 years but is that enough to explain the difference in their accents?
Julia seems fixated on the idea that Barnabas will be popping in shortly via I Ching travel agent. Big assumption on her part but Julia is determined to go to the secret room and let Barnabas out. Ben is against this, as the 1795 Barnabas is lot more dangerous than she realizes. Which Julia chooses to ignore.
Fade Away and Radiate