Author Topic: Collins family dates  (Read 646 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Collins family dates
« on: October 30, 2016, 06:40:08 AM »
I hadn't remembered that shortly before the planned wedding to Jason, Elizabeth was looking in the family bible and it listed the family members and their birthdates - Roger - September 14, 1925, Elizabeth - February 28, 1917, and Carolyn - July 16, 1946. We often speculate about Carolyn's and Vicki's ages.  In the flashback conversation between Elizabeth and Paul, Carolyn is mentioned as being 2, and Elizabeth was "confined" to Collinwood for 18 years = 20, which 1946 to 1966 would be.  So, they were consistent that time!

What surprised me was that Roger, 8+ years younger than his sister is listed first and she's underneath!!
Josette

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Collins family dates
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 11:07:22 AM »
i never caught that. carolyn's age has certainly been the subject of much speculation. in the 1966 episodes nancy very much plays the character like a petulant teenager.

the only time i recall vicki's age being specified was in 1795 when she tells an inquisitive countess dupres she's 22. and this was about 2 years into the run. she vicki would have been 20ish at the start. making the two girls the same age.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 12:30:10 AM »
The interesting thing when it comes to Vicki is that at the beginning of the series the only thing that mentioned her age is a video promo (and one I really do wish would be included on a DVD one day, but I've pretty much given up hope) that in part includes the narration "20-year-old Victoria Winters has come to probe the mystery of her past."

And when it comes to Carolyn at the beginning of the series, it's clearly indicated in Ep #5 that she's 17 -  and her birth year of 1949 is the one that's most often referenced within the storylines with that family bible entry and Leviathans being the exceptions. I don't know why her birth year changed in the family bible, but at least for purposes of Leviathans it's much more dramatic for Paul to have left his infant daughter behind when he left than for Carolyn not to have even been born yet...

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 03:04:49 PM »
Actually, I believe in the first episode, Liz says to Carolyn (regarding Vicki coming to live there) that she's near her (Carolyn) age.

What I find interesting is how well Maggie remembers Burke; she was about 8 also.

And, it's mentioned that Carolyn went to school in Collinsport, and she's clearly graduated/not in school anymore (nor Maggie).

Patti

PS...I think it just 'seems' if Vicki is older; she didn't have her parents/home life to grow up in.
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 03:07:38 PM »
I've been meaning to ask this; close enough topic.

Who are Roger & Liz's parents? Is Jameson their father (time wise, it fits)? Who's there mother? Who raised thems (I may be 'merging' different story arcs, but I don't believe their parents were around when Liz & Roger were little.)

Patti
What a Woman!

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 04:12:33 PM »
Originally, Elizabeth and Roger's parents were named Carolyn and Joseph, in a not too subtle parallel to Carolyn Stoddard and Joe Haskell. The identity of the father is later rebooted as Jamison. I don't think that Jamison's wife was ever identified by name.
Fade Away and Radiate