Author Topic: Premiere Date for Selby's Larva Postponed  (Read 2270 times)

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
Re: Premiere Date for Selby's Larva Postponed
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 10:28:21 AM »
I'm venturing to guess Patti because villany can be so much fun to play!  Otherwise, why be the villan in the first place?  [6042]

Could be too that when we are no longer spring chickens, casting directors no longer cast us as the romantic lead despite the fact that we are certainly worthy of such roles.  Yummy....   [love3]  Death to casting directors for thinking only young people have romantic interludes.... [5363] [plasma]

As far as this movie goes, he had the best role.  I just hope it will bring him better and more work in the future.

luv, victoriawinters

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 03:27:17 PM »
Patti, you might be interested to know that Selby's role in Black Hole, the new SCI FI Channel movie he filmed at the end of last year, is not a villain.

As for keeping busy with work, the man hardly sits on his duff. I've been doing a Selby site in some form or another since early 1999. At that time, there wasn't a lot to keep up with beyond sporadic theater roles and personal appearances and a brief television role here and there. Since early 2003, Selby has filmed roles in Surviving Christmas, The Affair, Shadow of Fear, Larva, and Black Hole with another role in End Game scheduled for the end of the month. That's six movies in the span of two years, and three of those have become widely available just since November.

Just how many more movies were you wanting him to do per year, victoriawinters?  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 10:49:20 PM »
Larva was on again last night (Sat).

I actually watched some of it again. David Selby is honestly quite good in it. He carries himself in a very even-mannered way.

In all fairness, yes, the script is not so hot, but I think the acting, directing, photography are very well done and the production is above fair.

Patti
What a Woman!