Author Topic: Chloe Moretz to speak at Democratic convention  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re: Chloe Moretz to speak at Democratic convention
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2016, 06:30:13 PM »
An unusual hookup between Barnabas and Sheriff Patterson... to quote George Takei, 'OH MY"!

Since the Sheriff apparently had his office title as his first name, my mind is thinking of some amusing dialogue now for when the two are entangled together in the heat of passion.

Thanks for the link!

G.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
I think that Aristede was having a love affair with HIMSELF!!! [ghost_grin]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2016, 08:13:58 PM »
Back in 1968, it would have been cool to see some of that year's presidential candidates making campaign stops in Collinsport, like Hubert Humphrey, Richard Nixon or Eugene McCarthy.

Joan Bennett supported McCarthy, so it would have been a hoot if he'd visited Liz at Collinwood. Though I suppose they would have also given the others equal time. If only Maggie had still been working at the coffee shop so that she could have told Nixon he was a J-E-R-K jerk...

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
As a kid, I remember the expression of Sen. McCarthy's young supporters was:"Get clean for Gene!" This meant that the college kids supporting the senator would cut their long hair and shave their beards to achieve a more "presentable" image, when campaigning for Sen. McCarthy throughout the country.

In addition to Mrs. Stoddard, I could see some of the younger DS characters, such as Sebastian Shaw, Carolyn Stoddard, and, of course, the immortal Buzz Hackett supporting Sen. McCarthy.  But, do you think that Buzz would be willing to cut his hair and shave his beard to fully support the senator?

As for Collinsport residents supporting Richard Nixon for POTUS, I could see Roger Collins, Sheriff George Patterson and possibly businessman Burke Devlin backing the Republican candidate.

Vice President Humphrey could probably count on the support of the learned Prof. T. Elliott Stokes, Dr. Julia Hoffman, Mrs. Sarah Johnson and Barnabas Collins, if only Barnabas had become a naturalized citizen!

Who do you think Vicky, Maggie, Joe Haskell and Quentin would have supported for POTUS in 1968?

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2016, 09:53:59 PM »
David and Amy would have undoubtedly supported Pat Paulsen. [ghost_cool] [ghost_rolleyes]
Fade Away and Radiate