Author Topic: Heiress of Condowood  (Read 4537 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
Re: Heiress of Condowood
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:33 AM »
yes in TSB it's pretty much business as usual chez Collins circa 1971. the gang was all there.

amazingly HOC doesn't make a single reference to Julia. not one. was she dispatched with in the other books?

and apparently Collinsport, Maine was crawling with Angelique incarnations assorted and sundry in the early 1970s. you couldn't walk out the door without bumping into one. which makes absolutely no sense.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2017, 04:30:06 AM »
yes in TSB it's pretty much business as usual chez Collins circa 1971. the gang was all there.

amazingly HOC doesn't make a single reference to Julia. not one. was she dispatched with in the other books?

I'm not exactly sure how this fit the previous books but Barnabas is there, however briefly. I also don't recall Julia ever being mentioned. She was there througout the other books [spoiler]but she became a vampire if I remember correctly in either the second or third book.[/spoiler]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2017, 05:26:25 AM »
Like Amazon, the reviews on Goodreads are also largely favorable, so I guess that the book has found its audience. It got 5 stars from someone named Lamar Hawkins. It probably isn't her but I did find it amusing just the same.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2017, 06:20:27 AM »
That's pretty funny.  Lara Parker's name (in what is laughingly called real life) is Lamar Hawkins.

G.