Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1055  (Read 998 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1055
« on: March 15, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »
Robservations #1055

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1055

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 04:52:19 PM »
Maggie reveals to A that Roger is the killer. A reveals she hated Roger which doesn't seem to jive with how it was played earlier.  Meanwhile Barnabas gazes at the sleeping Roxanne and starts the experiment himself. Barnabas goes to look for Julia to see if she is still alive. I guess I missed where he became aware something may have happened to her. The Mirror in Collinwoods foyer has returned after a missing period.
Angelique conveniently gets a chill after weeks of none and its bye bye Roger. There seems to be two different ideas going on that she needs human warmth to live and that Roxannes life force is making her live. Claude is skulking about and Roxanne opens her eyes for him  Maggie is being spellbound by Angeligue to take a gun to kill Q.  The end is obviously near.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 03:08:04 AM »
There seems to be two different ideas going on that she needs human warmth to live and that Roxannes life force is making her live.

It's all a bit messy, but I think the idea is that Roxanne's life force is what allows Ang to live at all, and then she also periodically needs a boost from a living heat source on top of that.  One person's life force wouldn't be enough by itself to keep one other person going, as long as it has to keep the donor living minimally too.  It would be weak.  It's divided between two people.

Claude North VO.  Oh, how precious his thick, romantic vocal tones are.  I don't know why his character didn't take off as a teen heartthrob, the throaty devil. 

Is DS a place with lots of sad deaths of innocents, but which is nonetheless a place of rosy, sweet, happy endings at the ends of storylines, because it's only important whether the "important" people survive?  Does that explain Quentin's survival in 1897 and Beth's death?

It makes sense for an egotist like Roger to murder.  Others would probably say, "Is even my survival worth this much?"

Ang at fire casting spell-- she sounds like she's trying to hypnotize the "ether" into altering its reality.

Just once, I want a life force subject to respond to the big electrical switch being turned on with a big, cartoony "Yeeeoooww!!"

Heatvamped Roger will be hard to interrogate or prosecute.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 02:41:32 PM »
Things are really winding down now.
Angelique learns that Roger is the murderer. Neither she nor the audience ever get to hear a motive. Was it simply because she wouldn't sleep with him? Nor was there any previous indication that Angelique despised Roger.
Claude North is giving Barnabas some competition for Roxanne's affection. Roxanne is leaning towards Claude here, which must have wrecked havoc on his ego.
Angelique seems to realise that her time is about up and sets up Maggie to once again be her patsy and shoot Quentin.
Barnabas tries to badger Angelique into revealing what she has done with Julia and to clear Quentin. Not happening. She tells Barnabas that she came back from the grave to destroy Quentin, not save him. This seems very inconsistent with her previous behavior.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 10:28:18 PM »
I have to admit that this ep has a moment that never fails to make me laugh. And while it's certainly not an intentionally funny moment, I never have any other reaction to it. And that moment comes when right after Barnabas tells Angelique she's about to be destroyed, he follows it up with "But before you go..." It's like, rather than dying, she's simply going to go out shopping or something. And even though Angelique is getting exactly what she deserves, Barn's remark still comes across as unbelievably callous. And I suppose that callousness is why it's so funny to me - not in the haha-isn't-that-hysterically-funny sense - but in the I-can't-even-believe-he-just-said-that sense. But then, Barn has a callous streak in him like no other. And just when you think he can't possibly take it any farther, he actually does...

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 07:32:29 AM »
right after Barnabas tells Angelique she's about to be destroyed, he follows it up with "But before you go..." It's like, rather than dying, she's simply going to go out shopping or something.

I can't believe I didn't notice that!  He ought to be nicer, PT Ang will work out a deal with the Devil too... 

They shouldn't be so hasty about tying up a closing storyline.  It's the payoff.  For one thing, no big scene with those two, where Barnabas actually reveals to her why he's out to get her so fiercely, who Ang is to him in RT....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 04:33:55 AM »
from Magnus Trask:
For one thing, no big scene with those two, where Barnabas actually reveals to her why he's out to get her so fiercely, who Ang is to him in RT....

Yeah, that actually would have been good, if Barn told her that back in 1795, they were married....

I meant to ask about the kids; why haven't we been seeing/hearing from them?

Why would Ang sign a confession....she's legally dead, so, it would have zero weight in a court of law.

Also,,,,I thought (in one story arc or another), that Barn could tell if Willie and/or Julia needed him....could be the old DSFMS.

Patti
What a Woman!