Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1052  (Read 520 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1052
« on: March 09, 2016, 09:06:15 PM »
Robservations #1052

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1052

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:18:37 AM »
Maggie confuses dram and reality no believes the hovering Quentin is out to kill her. Later he is all hot and bothered over Alexis and kisses her failing to realize she is his wife, but then apparently she kissed everyone but him. RT Quentin gives up Dr. Julia to Angelique in the PT room and A catches her.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:48:03 PM »
Quentin's appearance in Maggie's room expectedly freaks her out. But it also leads Barnabas to believe that Quentin may actually have killed his first wife.
We get some very interesting back story on the relationship between Quentin's late father and the late Sam Evans. What really did happen on the Collins yacht? Why did Quentin's father kill himself, especially after he was cleared? When did this happen? Could Angelique have been responsible? Unfortunately, this very intriguing bit of PT history is never mentioned again.
Angelique is getting more and more suspicious of Julia. But a very convenient conversation between RT Maggie and Quentin gives her the complete story. Yes, Maggie and Quentin give away way too much information and the way that Selby emphasized the words Dr. Julia Hoffman leaves no margin for misinterpretation. And, sure enough, by the end of the episode, the jig is up.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 04:53:34 AM »
Julia says she needs to stay in PT to protect Barnabas during the day.  She can't.  She has a job.  Q is hiding in a cave, Ang visits.  Julia listens.  Oh, turns out from this bit of backstory that Sam Evans is dead, drowned in Q's father's yacht... was he a Quentin namesake and lookalike, too?

RT Q won't shut up about all the most dangerous secrets of Barnabas's.  Ang now knows all about Julia, and confronts her at the cave.  I don't remember what Ang does to her, but Ang isn't so powerful that one can't just run away from her, I would think.  I'm always impressed when I look at the cave, perceive it as crumpled up black construction paper, yet see it as totally convincing anyway
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor