Author Topic: ** Upgraded Today!! **  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: ** Upgraded Today!! **
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2004, 12:53:24 AM »
the opening page came out white printing on white background, which is impossible to read.

Yes, that certainly would be impossible to read, vampire675. However, I'm not sure why it would be displaying for you like that. What you should be seeing is something similar to this:

If you were using an older browser that doesn't support cascading style sheet code, I could see where what you describe could happen. But if that was the case, then none of the forum's pages would display correctly - and that's apparently not the case because you were able to post.

All of the RC2 scripts aren't in place yet (some still need to be modified). Hopefully once they're up and running it will fix the problem for you.  :)

vampire675

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 04:18:52 PM »
Thanks, MB.
I have the old Webtv Classic browser, which does limit my abiity to surf the net.  It can't read Java or Adobe or some of the new Flash languages, so I am gradually losing a few websites that upgrade. I guess eventually I will have to break down and invest in a laptop or some such.
Hope all celebrated Halloween or Samhain with a good viewing of the DS episodes on DVD or VHS.

An old DS fan, vampire675

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 06:17:51 AM »
Just found out that the latest upgrade to the system was just released. So, your experience with RC2 might be very short lived because I'm downloading the new version right now and I'll be installing it as soon as I can modify it for our purposes, which hopefully won't take very long.  ;)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2004, 06:18:08 AM »
Is it just my little web browser, or my eyesight, but the opening page came out white printing on white background, which is impossible to read.

It's definitely not your eyesight, vampire675.  I also don't think it's a problem limited to your browser because I saw something similar while using Explorer:  The graphics and text on the home page loaded but the background was totally white, with nothing to separate the different boards.  When I clicked on one of the boards everything on that next page was normal, and when I used the back key to return to the home page it loaded correctly that time.

Hard as I tried I wasn't been able to duplicate this since then, which I guess is a good thing though in hindsight I should've taken a screen grab to show MB.  :-   But other weird things have happened to other features when I visit using IE so I can't say I'm surprised, and nothing like what you've described has EVER happened in the many times I've come here using Netscape.