Author Topic: New Strange Paradise Blog  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: New Strange Paradise Blog
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 12:56:49 AM »
Wow, those ads on the linked to site brought back memories. I definitely remember them appearing in the local newspapers and TV Guide. Though until seeing them I'd completely forgotten that Channel 6 around here used to be located in New Bedford, MA and had the call letters WTEV. Back in the day that's the station on which I almost always watched DS, too...

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 04:30:17 AM »
Yes, I would recommend watching the first week or so and then either watching the Fridays up through about 45 (where Costello joined) and then watching from then on to ep 65, at least. That's the end of the first arc.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 06:08:31 PM »
Not exactly a new SP blog, but "Dark Shadows Every Day" has announced that he's going to blog the first week of SP episodes, on a temporary hiatus from blogging the latter weeks of the 1897 DS storyline:

http://darkshadowseveryday.com/2016/03/29/strange-paradise-episode-1/

G.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:01 AM »
Wow, those ads on the linked to site brought back memories. I definitely remember them appearing in the local newspapers and TV Guide. Though until seeing them I'd completely forgotten that Channel 6 around here used to be located in New Bedford, MA and had the call letters WTEV. Back in the day that's the station on which I almost always watched DS, too...
This is WTEV Channel 6, New Bedford/Providence. Stay tuned for news and weather with Truman Taylor.

I remember hearing that after Gilligan's Island. The news was only a few minutes and then Star Trek came on. Strange Paradise aired after that. I was not allowed to watch it but I remember being scared senseless by the talking portrait in glimpses I'd steal before turning the TV off. I was only 6 at the time. My parents didn't censor my TV viewing as I got older.