Author Topic: Funny Donna McKechnie Reference  (Read 704 times)

ClaudeNorth

Funny Donna McKechnie Reference
« on: October 26, 2004, 04:02:35 AM »
Rented DIE, MOMMIE, DIE! and, after watching the film, I watched the Sundance Channel episode of "Anatomy of a Scene" that is included on the DVD.  The costume designers were discussing the wardrobe and mentioned that some of Charles Busch's gowns were designed specifically for the film, while others were recycled from other projects.  As it turns out, one of the costumes was originally designed for Donna McKechnie to wear in a production of STATE FAIR!  The designer noted that the gown had to be let out for CB.

Made me wonder what CB would have been like in the roles of Amanda Harris and Olivia Corey...

Offline sheenasma

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Sheena
    • View Profile
    • NancyMck's Dark Shadows Events
Re: Funny Donna McKechnie Reference
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 04:33:47 AM »
As it turns out, one of the costumes was originally designed for Donna McKechnie to wear in a production of STATE FAIR!  The designer noted that the gown had to be let out for CB.

You're right, that's funny
Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes - Henry David Thoreau

Screw Thoreau - sheenasma
GHP

ClaudeNorth

Re: Funny Donna McKechnie Reference
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 05:17:42 AM »
The thought of Charles Busch in the role just reminded me of a bit from FRIENDS, in which Rachel mistook a woman named Amanda for Chandler's female impersonator father.  Rachel remarked, "Amanda...oh, I get it!  'A Man...Duh!'"