Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1003  (Read 984 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1003
« on: October 24, 2015, 07:12:04 PM »
Robservations #1003

(This ep features our first good look at the new portrait of Barnabas that was done for hoDS after the original portrait for the daytime show had been stolen...)

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #1003

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 01:19:38 AM »
Lara as Ang has darker makeup.  Welcome, new Barnabas portrait!  Welcome and goodbye, Edmund Hashim as expendable Wilfred Block.  Appearing on DS proved fatal to him in record time.

Angelique is now a Heat Vampire, who wants Quentin as her Heat Vamp Bride for all of eternity.  Oh the irony.  Really?  Lara played the speech leading up to that pretty sarcastically, to the point of seeming to sneer at the word "love".  Then she says she wants Q forever.  Did she have such fun [spoiler] torturing Q in the marriage, that she wants him trapped with her forever as a punishment?[/spoiler]  I like Ang going on about love, then Hannah says "You're going to kill him!!"
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 04:32:05 PM »
Never thinking for a moment thar "Alexis" is actually Angelique, Quentin tells her about his experience with the empty room. She, however, is more interested in finding her "sister's" murderer. After Quentin leaves, she learns the drawback of coming back to life.

Amy takes David to the Loomis House attic. Daniel shocks Amy by opining that Will is crazy, then tells her about a secret passage from the beach to the basement (just as in _our_ Old House!). While Daniel is hunting for the sword Amy told him she had found, he suddenly hears the sound of a heartbeat. Amy can’t hear it, but then Daniel comes on several paintings, one of which is a portrait of Barnabas Collins, faded with time and neglect. When she looks at the painting, Amy shrieks and faints. Fred (aka Wilfred Block, played by Edmund Hashim), a caretaker on the estate, hears her and rushes in. He brings both kids back to Collinwood. Angelique comes downstairs and takes a sudden interest in Fred, but Quentin arrives.

Angelique next goes to visit her aunt Hannah, who has beaded curtains (remember them?) in the doorway to her living room, as well as an atrociously fake-looking stuffed coral-crested cockatoo. Thinking she's talking to Alexis, Hannah chides her for not coming to visit earlier. She recalls, Angelique used to come when she wanted to do something she couldn’t do at the big house. Angelique asks her aunt to read the tarot cards for her. All of a sudden, you sound just like her! Hannah comments, but notes, You (i.e., Alexis) didn’t believe in these things. Maybe I’m changing, Angelique says. Sure enough, the first card to turn up is that old familiar Tower of Destruction, followed by the Moon Inverted. Angelique is unperturbed, but Hannah exclaims and refuses to finish. You have no future, she tells “Alexis.” Then Angelique asks her aunt to read her palm. When Hannah looks at it, she gasps, You're not Alexis--you’re Angelique!

I always said I would come back, Angelique reminds her horrified aunt. I never had the kind of power you have, Hannah gasps. I was a very apt student, Angelique replies. Do you know where Julia Hoffman is? I was afraid to ask at the house for fear of giving myself away. Hannah says she heard Quentin sent Hoffman on vacation. I must get her back as soon as possible, Angelique declares. Why is Damian Edwards haunting Collinwood? He cannot rest, Hannah answers. He has threatened the children, Quentin, and Bruno-- And Trask? Angelique asks. You know! Hannah says with disgust, almost loathing. You know why! Suddenly Angelique has another attack of cold and demands her aunt’s help. Please don’t ask me, Hannah begs her. Angelique simply threatens her with the same cold. Why did you come back? Hannah asks in despair. You should know, Angelique laughs--because of love! I wanted to come back because I needed Quentin's love more than anything. Almost crazed, she adds, He was the one man that I couldn't ... who could always make me want more and more of his love. Shocked, Hannah says, You’re planning to kill him! No, Angelique answers. Quentin will want to die when he has found out that I have discovered who murdered me. Murdered! Hannah gasps, and Angelique provides a first-hand account: Didn't you know? In the darkness, a hand ... here ...[putting a hand to the back of her neck] ... pressed a long, sharp pin. I felt a sudden pain and then cold. She starts to feel the cold again and orders Hannah to go to Loomis House to bring Fred back here. Hannah pleads with her. With a sinister smile, Angelique says, I will haunt you for the rest of your life if you don’t obey. Hannah knows Angelique can do it, so she hurries away with a note from Angelique to Fred.

Meanwhile, Quentin is watching over Amy (who is covered in the same plaid blanket that Carolyn put over Sabrina after Yaeger’s nighttime attack). She revives, and he asks her what happened when she looked at the painting. I saw his eyes, Amy answers. He needs help. She is troubled, especially because, as Quentin notes, Barnabas died over two hundred years ago. I know! Amy says. Quentin looks across the room at the faded portrait, which now leans against a chair near the fire.

Hannah brings Fred to her house and to the waiting Angelique, then leaves the room quickly. I’ll be upstairs if you need me! she says, her voice harsh with disapproval. Fred is all for picking up where he left off with "Miss Alexis." But when she orders him to kiss her he realizes too late that the warmth is leaving his body while her cold seeps into his. He tries to move away, but she forces him to look into her eyes. He collapses to the floor. When Hannah returns moments later she finds her niece hale and well and no longer cold, but Fred is definitely nothing of the sort. She touches him and exclaims in horror, He is as cold as if he has been dead for hours!  Angelique smiles her mad smile and announces, That is the way it must be now. This is the way I will live now, and when Quentin comes to join me, he will live this way too--for eternity!....

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 03:52:02 AM »
Quentin barely has time to react to the parallel time conundrum when Angelique drops a bombshell, that Angelique was murdered at that seance. As with just about everything else, Quentin is in severe denial. Angelique outs herself pretty quickly to Hannah, thus sparing us from excessive voice overs.
It's also established that Angelique is probably a succubus. Or at least as close to one as daytime tv would allow.
Daniel and Amy are used fairly effectively to establish that there is definitely something going on at the old house. Cousin Will has weirded them both. Carolyn is acting oddly. And the name Barnabas Collins keeps coming up. Barnabas is apparently trying to call for help and Amy is picking up on it. Unlike Willie or Sandor, the signal is not strong enough to get her to release him.
When Amy passes out, Fred the handyman brings her to Collinwood. Since the old house has phone service in parallel time, he should have called Chris or Quentin or the doctor from there to prevent further injury. Oh, well, Amy seems to be okay and Fred isn't around long enough to be chastised for his actions.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 10:44:19 PM »
It is revealed that Angelique is in the room when it changed. Why did she not go to regular time? I recall this from when I first saw this thinking it was not right.
Angelique is chilly which leads into the death of instant servant Fred and her warm again.
Daniel hears the heartbeat from Barnbas. It's a new rendition, apparently they didn't zerox the original so it could go to film HODS.
Hannah isn't very helpful to her favorite niece.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 11:03:36 PM »
I got the impression that Hannah was always afraid of Angelique but I don't know.

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 11:07:26 PM »
...and I am starting to get a Leave Her To Heaven vibe.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »
It is revealed that Angelique is in the room when it changed. Why did she not go to regular time? I recall this from when I first saw this thinking it was not right.

In a magical environment, absolute consistency is not to be expected.  Everyday rules of cause and effect don't necessarily apply. 

You might as well ask, why didn't the PT furniture stay in the Room, when it changed to RT?  Both versions of this room exist concurrently at all times, as with every other room and place and thing in both universes, if you're wondering where PT Ang was while the Room changed.  The PT Room continued on unchanged through the whole thing, from Ang's perspective.  The channel was changed, for an observer in the hall
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor