Author Topic: From the Collinwood Wine Cellar  (Read 1102 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
From the Collinwood Wine Cellar
« on: October 16, 2015, 02:16:07 PM »
Well, the Halloween wines are out in full force again this year.  Of all the choices available, I think this one clearly could have been discovered in the wine cellar at Collinwood.  The label designer even got the font right.

https://monarch-beverage.com/apothic-dark-review-by-joesdaily-com/?ao_confirm
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: From the Collinwood Wine Cellar
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:33:46 PM »
Wow.  Must check my World Market for that one.  Thanks!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 04:02:13 PM »
A lot of the stores in my area carried this one last year beginning in the fall I believe.  They were around for awhile after and then more difficult to find.  Sam's club and several other places have apparently gotten new shipments in recently.  The online info says they go fro about $14.00 per bottle...but I have never paid more than $9.00 and even less (about $7.90 or so) at Sam's Club.  Not sure if Costco has it - I let my membership lapse there since Sam's was closer to home.  I like dry reds and this one is pretty good.
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 04:35:09 PM »
Here's a cork from another wine appropriate for the Collinwood Wine Cellar collection.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
And yet another selection...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 05:45:49 PM »
I've never come across any of those wines. I must be shopping in the wrong places...

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 08:55:40 PM »
The Vampire wine is a little difficult to find - I think only Whole Foods has it here and I'm not that close to those stores...they're only located on the "elite" north side of town...and, alas, I am a lowly west-sider so I don't get over there that often.  Anyway, not sure at all about the Dark Springs/Dark Shadow wine since I just saw it online today.  There seem to be more Halloween wines cropping up every year.  The art work and corks fascinate me - that and, unlike Dracula, I always drink vine!

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
I found some more appropriate selections for the wine vault...especially for Angelique, Quentin, and Julia (from the Windcliff collection).

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2015, 08:22:53 PM »
One to drink while watching HoDs and/or NoDs...

I'm going to stop now.
  [hall_grin]

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 12:33:19 AM »
I'm going to stop now.  [hall_grin]

No worries because these are really quite interesting because I had no idea there were so many Halloween themed wines around at this time of year.  And my friends and I have Halloween parties. But like I said, I guess we just shop for wine in the wrong places. Or maybe it's just that we go in and automatically but what we like without bothering to see what else is available...