Author Topic: Kate Jackson MAY be on Decades this weekend  (Read 557 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Kate Jackson MAY be on Decades this weekend
« on: October 03, 2015, 05:57:44 PM »
The Decades Binge this weekend is old eps of Celebrity Bowling (are they scraping the bottom of the barrel, or what?!), but Kate Jackson and her then boyfriend Edward Albert were on in, I think, 1975, so their ep could show up. The Binge begins at 1pm ET and goes until 7am ET on Monday. IF she is on, it shouldn't be until after 6:30am ET tomorrow because the eps listed on their Web site only go up that far so far. But they were completely off with the synopses for DS when it was binged, so who knows?  ::)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Kate Jackson MAY be on Decades this weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 06:07:15 PM »
I just noticed that there's a way to select dates on their schedule. Oops!  [hall2_embarrassed]  But Kate Jackson's ep is scheduled to run at 2:30pm ET on Sunday.  [hall2_smiley]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 08:54:00 PM »
I found the episode on YouTube and attempted to watch it. I made it through about three minutes. [hall2_rolleyes]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 08:57:10 PM »
She was definitely on. And to say her bowling skills left a lot to be desired would be an understatement.  [hall2_wink]  Though, from what I saw of the few eps I happened to catch, that could be said of many of the celebrities who appeared on the show - which begs the question of how in heaven's name the show managed to stay on the the air for so long (1971-1978)?!  But then, maybe the audience tuned in, not to see good bowling, but just to see how bad everyone was...

I'll be posting a screen caps from her show later - but it'll be in a topic on the current Current Talk board - and you'll understand why when you see the topic...

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 12:34:27 AM »
if this network hopes to remain on the air they need to up their game...

what people would be willing to sit through in the 1970s when there was just 4-5 channels and what they will watch now (other than taking a peek for the camp value) are two different things. I caught a few minutes and by god this was boring.

it was also quite geriatric. jackson had to be have been one of the few "players" under 60. the one I saw had earnest borgnine and lloyd bridges on the roster.

I'd venture to guess this was some weird saturday late morning/early afternoon programming after the kid's cartoons but before major sports coverage came on. it was BAD.  [hall_rolleyes]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 01:10:53 AM »
I agree about the show, but over the course of the 7 years it was on there was definitely a mix of ages from young (i.e. all four of the teenage cast of The Brady Bunch) to old (i.e. William Demarest, Uncle Charlie on My Three Sons). And it's hard now to imagine how the show stayed on for so long, but believe it or not, back in the '70s there were several different successful bowling shows on TV on the weekends. I didn't watch them, but my mom was an avid bowler (she was on a league and the whole nine yards) and she did watch them - and as she did I often passed by the TV and rolled my eyes. I suppose it was a generational thing. She rolled her eyes when I watched Lost in Space and The Three Stooges reruns, so...

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 01:56:20 AM »
Same here, MB! My mom was in a league for years and my dad worked in a bowling alley, so these shows were must see TV in our house. I was (and still am) wildly indifferent to televised bowling.
Fade Away and Radiate