Author Topic: <OT TV Series  (Read 717 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
<OT TV Series
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »
At work yesterday, I noticed a TV series called, "A Haunting".
It's seasons 1-6 for $15.

Has anyone ever seen this show? Was it made for a specific cable channel?

Input would be appreciated.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: <OT TV Series
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:22:28 PM »
I wonder if it is a British production? I've never heard of it and six seasons is no small feat.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 07:01:14 AM »
I called the store (there was only 1 left, and she hid it for me).

I asked the person I spoke to what the exact name was, and, it was, "A Haunting".

Went to IMDb, I **think*** it's like a "Paranomal Witness" or something (I HATE faux shows), you know, the kind of shows that aren't DS, Buffy, Angel, Supernatural  [ghost_tongue2]

Please, if anyone knows if it fiction or 'faux reality, please let me know.

Thanks,

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
It's a series about actual hauntings or other paranormal occurrences with talking heads and re-enactments. It comes right up on Amazon if you select "Movies and TV" as your search object and just type the words "A Haunting."  It seems to be US--reference is made in one user review to a channel called Destination America (I presume it is a channel, I haven't watched television in years now).

Here's a sample blurb from the fifth or sixth season which only had four episodes:

These chilling tales of the supernatural take you inside real-life horror stories, with each one-hour episode featuring eyewitness accounts and cinematic re-enactments of some of the most spine tingling and inexplicable stories ever recorded. Episode by shocking episode, you will be stunned and astonished by these spellbinding tales of evil lurking in the most everyday places. By the end of each amazing story, you will experience an eerie feeling that life and death are stranger and more terrifying than you had ever imagined.  (end of blurb)

Best,  G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 05:37:56 PM »
I do recommend something called Ghostwatch, which is a thing that originally aired in the UK in the early 1990s.  It is a fictional story presented, a la Orson Welles War of the Worlds, as if it is a "reality" thing profiling a haunted tenement building in London.  It might be on Youtube.  I generally don't care for 'reality" television and this pre-dates that genre, but I thought it was really well done and genuinely spooky.  A lot of folks thought it was real.

G.