Author Topic: ShadowGram Update #365 -- Audio Dramas, DS DVDs, Note from Marcy  (Read 528 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
SHADOWGRAM NEWS UPDATE   # 365
August 25, 2015

Hello, Dark Shadows Fan,

ShadowGram (SG), The Official Newsletter & News Source for Dark Shadows (DS), announces the following key breaking news in this Official Dark Shadows News Online Update "Bulletin."

**** DS AUDIO  DRAMAS – NEW & UPCOMING
**** LATEST DS COLLECTION DVDS NOW AVAILABLE
**** PERSONAL NOTE FROM SG EDITOR MARCY ROBIN

**** NEW DARK SHADOWS AUDIO DRAMAS - CDs & DOWNLOADS

Big Finish Productions (BFP) continues its exciting regular releases of DS audio dramas with the original cast on CD and available as digital downloads. These all-new DS
episodes run over 1 hour each, with dramatic tales from Collinwood and beyond.

The latest releases are "In the Twinkling of An Eye" with Marie Wallace, and "Deliver Us From Evil" with Christopher Pennock and Lisa Richards.

--- "In The Twinkling of An Eye" Summary: “Fully recovered from her hospital stay and back behind the bar of The Blue Whale, Jessica Griffin (MARIE WALLACE) welcomes Nate, a stranger in town claiming to be ‘just passing through.' But how come he knows so much about her and why is he so keen to lure her back to the house she hasn’t set foot in since the death of her husband? And he really is so very familiar….’”

---"Deliver Us From Evil" Summary: “Cyrus Longworth – the man who has carried the Son of the Dark Lord in his head since the day he was born.  Sabrina Jennings – the woman who murdered her husband on their wedding night.  Alfie Chapman – the British tourist with a psychopathic streak.  And Danielle Roget – the French murderess who possesses his girlfriend’s body.

“Unknown to all of them, they are caught in a tangled web of the Dark Lord's making, which on this night will bring them together and see the culmination of a diabolical plan stretching back since the dawn of time. Because the Dark Lord has manipulated them all. And all hell is about to break loose.”

Coming in September and October are "Tainted Love" starring KATHLEEN CODY, and "And Red All Over" starring KATHRYN LEIGH SCOTT and MITCHELL RYAN, returning to his role of “Burke Devlin” after 48 years.

Other recent DS Big Finish titles include "Panic" starring DAVID SELNY and SUSAN SULLIVAN (in her first DS audio drama).

To order the CDs in America, go to: www.darkshadowsfestival.com
Download versions as well as the CDs may also be ordered from www.bigfinish.com

CD – US $13.00
Download – US $7.99

**** MPI RELEASES NEW DARK SHADOWS DVDS

Following up on their previous single DVD releases "The Best of Barnabas" and "Fan Favorites," MPI Home Video has just released a pair of companion sets: "The Best of Quentin" and "The Best of Angelique."

Each DVD features 9 complete original DS episodes with new introductions hosted by David Selby for "The Best of Quentin" and Lara Parker for "The Best of Angelique." The DVDs are intended as both samplers for new or casual fans and as entertaining collections at a budget price. They can be ordered online at www.amazon.com and from the MPI website at www.mpihomevideo.com They also can be found in some retail stores.

***** A PERSONAL NOTE FROM MARCY ROBIN. SG EDITOR

Recent SG Updates and the Triple SG #124-#125-#126 published newsletter editorial briefly explained the Real Life challenges I’ve faced since 2010. I’ve had severe myopia (near-sightedness) all my life. By early adulthood, I was having retina detachments, holes, and tears that required many operations and treatments. Over the years, eye doctors who’ve checked my eyes are “amazed you can see as well as you do!”

After a welcome lull of quite a few years, retinal problems reappeared in 2010 and have continued since then. Each occurrence meant a major emergency surgery with a long restrictive recovery period. Thankfully, every operation was a success, but there’s always a potential – and unpredictable – possible recurrence.

Last week, my longtime eye doctor plus my eye surgeon (an internationally-known pioneer in the field) diagnosed a new hole in my left retina. On Wed., Aug. 25, I’ll undergo another vitrectomy (gas-fluid exchange), done totally inside the eye under local anesthesia. To close and secure the hole as it heals, I must remain face-down 24/7 for a week, with very limited activity for weeks more. As my vision gradually clears over that time, I’ll start to be able to watch TV, do daily things at home, take walks outside, read, use the computer, drive, etc. I have every hope that again – thanks to my doctors and medical techniques – my eye will heal quickly and completely, so I can be fully “back to normal” by late October (and STAY that way!).

All this impacts my daily life in every way. I give tremendous THANKS to Kathy Resch and other friends. Kathy will check my email and postal-mail daily. She’ll handle SG subscriptions and renewals, send out SG issues and requests for DS information, etc. I’ll be fully informed and involved with this correspondence and as SG reports the DS news as usual, including official DS Festival developments.

Kathy will work with me to write and post the SG Updates whenever I have key DS news to premiere-announce and report. We continue to welcome all DS-related news you share for the email SG Updates and print newsletters. As always, please send any DS materials to SG’s e- or postal- mail addresses below.

When “all is well” with my eye and I’m settled into my life again, I’ll prepare the next print newsletter – SG #127 – for publication and have it ready to mail to all current subscribers as soon as I can.

Sharing a fan interest like DS leads us to many experiences, opportunities, friendships, creativity, and much more. Since my first involvement in DS fandom 45+ years ago, I’ve been grateful for all the fun such sharing can bring.

Through my years in many fandoms, my life’s been expanded in countless ways. And during my latest years of health crises, I’ve been greatly touched by so many good wishes and caring thoughts. I appreciate your understanding and patience now. Thank you.

Marcy Robin