Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0937  (Read 662 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0937
« on: June 06, 2015, 01:28:01 AM »
Robservations #937

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0937

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:37:23 AM »
Grayson VO.  I'll bet Roger can't be assimilated by the Leviathans, but if he could be, it would be fun.  Silly outfit on Julia.  Julia sets newly non-amnesiac Q to work fast, putting a shovel in his hand and saying, dig that grave... No Michael.  End.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 03:03:57 PM »
Agree--Julia's outfit is peculiar. I don't think we ever see it again.

David Henesy broke his leg skiing, hence the wheelchair.

Jeb is very much of his time, that is , 1970. By having his own "enemies" list, he's on the same wavelength as Nixon.  [ghost_cheesy] Barnabas tries to defend Roger, Julia, and Maggie, but Jeb isn't having any. And then there’s Amy, Jeb continues, who is one of us, but against my permission. You would even kill one of us? Barnabas asks in amazement. (He doesn’t even bother to argue that Amy is only a child.) Even Mrs. Johnson is in Jeb's bad books. But the proud Barnabas is defeated at last when Jeb forces him to his knees.  I know how difficult it must be to only exist at night, to feel the lust for blood--so that it drives you like an animal after your prey. Still on his knees, the proud Barnabas listens in horror as Jeb continues with another laugh, Think of Josette--with Oberon and Haza standing guard over her. Haza can be much more cruel than I ever dreamed of. Finally David arrives and points out that Jeb caused the "accident" that broke his leg.

Jeb gives David his wristwatch, and Julia finally sees the red birthmark on Jeb's wrist. Quietly she phones "Grant Douglas" and asks him to come to Collinwood. Quentin arrives, all in spiffy gray--gray overcoat, gray flecked-tweed safari suit, and gray turtleneck. Julia asks for his help and takes him to an unspecified graveyard, where they stand before a headstone that reads, Michael Hackett, Born 1957, Died 1970. Somewhere along the way, Quentin has acquired a shovel, and Julia is just finishing filling him in on the birthmark situation. Jeb, Alexander and Michael are one and the same, she declares. We must open the grave. Even though I saw Michael in the coffin, I’m learning not to trust what I see anymore. What will you do if your hypothesis turns out to be correct? Quentin asks. I won’t know until I find out, she replies. That’s the way it goes, Quentin says with an ironic laugh, but he starts shoveling.

Barn tries to get through yet another sleepless night by visiting Maggie at Collinwood. It turns out that Maggie also has tried to get Carolyn to leave Collinsport. We think alike, Maggie, Barnabas tells her, with his first smile in a long, long time. You don't know how gratifying it is to find that out. Maggie agrees to try to dissuade Carolyn from going to the antique shop.

Having shed his overcoat and rolled up his sleeves, Quentin has unearthed the coffin and breaks the locks with his shovel. Julia’s hypothesis was correct. The coffin is empty.

I didn’t realize you were so concerned about the family, Maggie says. I’m concerned about all of them, Barnabas agrees. Once again, Maggie promises to do everything she can about Carolyn. I’m to check up on David, she says now. I don’t trust Jeb Hawkes. You are very wise, Barnabas tells her as she leaves. Alone, he gives way to anxiety. Staring down at his hands, he wonders, Am I wrong involving her? Even to the extent that I have? I must have help if I am to end this. A moment later, Julia returns. In her usual direct manner, she says, I need to talk to you immediately--and I won’t get put off again, she adds. You must listen to me this time. I will not, Barnabas says. I told you not to involve yourself. I am more deeply involved than ever, Julia retorts. I just found an empty coffin in Michael Hackett’s grave. What does that mean to you? she asks. Nothing, Barnabas says as he turns away with growing worry in his eyes. I will tell you, then, what it means to me, Julia says relentlessly. I pronounced that child dead two weeks ago. I would swear that he was dead. For some reason, it had to be faked that he was dead. I don't know how, but I do know why. In fact, I know so much about what is happening that you had better tell me everything. Maybe Julia’s insistence has helped Barnabas come to a decision. Slowly turning to face her, perhaps with a faint smile of relief, Barnabas says solemnly, All right, Julia--I will tell you the whole story.....

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 08:56:21 PM »
Here's a screen cap from this ep for those who will appreciate it:

(And you all know who you are!  [nodassent])

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 05:28:14 PM »
You betcha! Thanks as always, MB!  [ghost_grin] [ghost_grin] [ghost_grin]