Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0926  (Read 1124 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0926
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
Robservations #926

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0926

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:03:37 PM »
For decades this episode was the only piece of DS I had. I had randomly taped this episode on audio cassette. I lost all of my childhood DS memorabilia in the late seventies. Every time I moved or had cause to open the 'tape' box I'd play it and remember when. It wasn't until sometime in the early 2000s, I guess, that I attended my first fest, in Anaheim, and started recollecting the Ross novels and using eBay for buying old 16 Magazines, etc.

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 08:11:49 PM »
Reading this episodes again, they seem more normal then the Adam storyline was.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 07:29:29 PM »
The stairs at the antique shop have been the stairs at the Blue Whale and the stairs at Dr. Lang's house. A couple of story lines from now, they will have an even more important role.

For the first time, Barn seems to have doubts about the Leviathan cause--and about time, too. He figures it all started when he opened the box. He decides to stall for time while he figures out a way out of the cult.

Poor Maggie is still stuck in the storage room. Things only get worse when the heavy breathing starts up again. Michael tauntingly warns her not to fall asleep.

Maggie hears approaching footsteps and goes to a very high mantel shelf to retrieve a candlestick. It’s almost time, Michael’s irritating high-pitched voice tells her. Just a few more minutes, and then I will open the door and come in. Then you will know who I am, won’t you? Maggie runs to the door, brandishing the candlestick. She shouts, I don’t want to know who you are! Don’t come in here! If you come in here I swear I will kill you!

Philip returns to the two wall lamps from the opposite direction he set out. He turns onto a different passageway. Maggie hears his footsteps getting louder and louder as he approaches her prison, and prepares herself for what she has to do. Philip reaches the door. Maggie! he calls out. Answer if you can hear me! I’ve come to get you out of there. He fumbles with the latch. (Why couldn’t Maggie open it from the inside??) As the door opens, Maggie shuts her eyes and raises the candlestick high overhead to strike.......

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 08:34:00 PM »
The exhale episode? Barn turns a corner?

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 12:55:34 AM »
I HATE THIS(THESE) FRIGGIN' KIDS!!!

I HATE HATE HATE MEGAN!!!
What a Woman!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 10:20:13 AM »
Marie W VO?  She announces the overdue return of Barnabas.  Episode two of Megan in the maroon turtleneck... pardon me if this is more important to me than to others... Sorry Patti, I'm drawn to Megan more and more, the more evil she gets... Yes dom, Barnabas's turn-around on the Leviathans takes place totally in one scene in the antique shop, on his own.  I thought this would just be the first hint of a gradual change of mind, but later ep's show that this one head conversation with himself was all it took.  Yes, there was that meeting with another hooded Leviathan, but .... well maybe that started it.  He still seemed converted, sort of, to me though.  He was questioning them, but just their tactics.

Michael's high-spirited boyish antics are about to get someone killed, only not whom he thinks.  The two boy actors are good.  Maitland? is  totally convincing as a megalomaniac, and Henesy's totally invested too. Michael, while taunting Maggie, was slurring his s's for whatever reason.  His comeuppance is coming.  Thanks for the personal stuff about the old tape, dom.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 03:23:19 PM »
Yes, MT, DS Wiki says it's a Marie Wallace VO. DS Wiki also has some nice frame grabs of MW in that red turtleneck.

And yes, the ridiculousness of the plot at this point made me forget how good the two kids were.

I had taped the last episodes of the show when it was on the SciFi channel, starting near the end of 1840 and going to the last episode of all. But our new DVD player doesn't play videocassettes and they were starting to get unwatchable from repeated watchings, so I ended up ditching them after hanging on to them for a long time. So do keep your audiocassette, dom!

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
Thanks DL...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor