Author Topic: on cassandra collins  (Read 2217 times)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
on cassandra collins
« on: June 26, 2004, 11:09:39 PM »
last night i "met" cassandra collins for the first time(on video).i hadn't seen any eps. with her before and i must say she really worked me! i liked her alot more than angelique,whom i didn't particularly care for.when cassandra walked into collinwood with that black wig,boxy mint green car coat and white kid gloves i thought i'd scream! :-*
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: on cassandra collins
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 12:21:39 AM »
She only gets better! She looks great as a brunette I might add. Wait until you meet Nicholas Blair!
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 07:57:06 PM »
Cassandra is my favorite Lara Parker role, and in many ways her storyline (the middle of which was my intro to DS back in '68) is still my favorite period of the series.

G.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 09:24:57 PM »
Oh, boy, do you have a treat in store for you! I adore Cassandra. Maybe it's the wig. I've come to the conclusion that appearances really do carry a lot of weight with me. Call it shallow or something...
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 12:19:07 AM »
another poster told me something strange.she told me that at fests lara parker claims to have no recollection of the character cassandra.i found that to be very odd. ???

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 12:32:20 AM »
she told me that at fests lara parker claims to have no recollection of the character cassandra.i found that to be very odd. ???

I've heard her say that too, mscbryk, and it was SO disappointing!  Could you imagine forgetting that you wore a black wig through the summer months?  And to me, Cassandra is Angelique at her cruelest, which would seem to make her even more unforgettable.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 02:21:56 AM »
she told me that at fests lara parker claims to have no recollection of the character cassandra.i found that to be very odd. ???

I've heard her say that too, mscbryk, and it was SO disappointing!  Could you imagine forgetting that you wore a black wig through the summer months?  And to me, Cassandra is Angelique at her cruelest, which would seem to make her even more unforgettable.

That's amazing...I've never heard that before. How could one forget something like that?!  :-    ???

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »
Cassandra was off the charts. Definitely a fave of mine. Her storyline with Barnabas and the Dream Curse gang brought my older sister to DS in 1968, and 38 years later, the madness continues. Thanks, Lara. Thanks, sis.
I always gave Cassandra 10 extra points for being the first to actually blurt out, "I think she's (Julia) in love with him (Barnabas)," and the wigged witch had only been a resident of Collinwood for one day when she made that comment!
Did Angelique, as Cassandra, actually have to... uh, er... "make love" with Roger during her masquerade, or was she always able to drug his nightcaps and prevent unwanted, amorous advances? Love her or hate her, the girl made major sacrifices in the name of revenge.

Offline Heather

• Senior Poster
  • It's an Orbach's, darling...
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 12:42:50 AM »
Cassandra was off the charts. Definitely a fave of mine. Her storyline with Barnabas and the Dream Curse gang brought my older sister to DS in 1968, and 38 years later, the madness continues. Thanks, Lara. Thanks, sis.
I always gave Cassandra 10 extra points for being the first to actually blurt out, "I think she's (Julia) in love with him (Barnabas)," and the wigged witch had only been a resident of Collinwood for one day when she made that comment!

I gotta agree with ya Sandor. Great episode.... but one of my favs, of course, is when Julia can take no more and so rightly offers the back of her hand to Cassandra's not-so-innocent face. One of the best slaps in history (hehehehehehehe)!!  ;D

Did Angelique, as Cassandra, actually have to... uh, er... "make love" with Roger during her masquerade, or was she always able to drug his nightcaps and prevent unwanted, amorous advances? Love her or hate her, the girl made major sacrifices in the name of revenge.

Hey--good point. Sandor you wench (just kiddin')...it's a wonder I didn't think of that.  LOL
Yeah, did she or didn't she--curious minds are dying to know.  Chortle...  ;)[/color]

W: http://hrh22.home.comcast.net

In case you didn't realize....Julia rules!  :-*

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 01:05:23 AM »
I don't think they,...the thing was ever consummated. Cassandra had a lot of tricks up her sleeve to prevent that from happening.

I too am very surprised that Lara Parker forgot about Cassandra.  It was during that period that she had to endure the time consuming process of applying the make up in which to look like a 200 yr old woman. 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 04:29:46 AM »
but one of my favs, of course, is when Julia can take no more and so rightly offers the back of her hand to Cassandra's not-so-innocent face. One of the best slaps in history (hehehehehehehe)!!  ;D

I LOVE  that scene!!  I forget exactly how it goes, but I think after Julia slaps her and marches off, Vicki follows it with some nasty comments and marches off after her.  It's really wonderful!
Josette

Offline Nelson Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 02:43:16 PM »
Hey--good point. Sandor you wench (just kiddin')...it's a wonder I didn't think of that.  LOL
Yeah, did she or didn't she--curious minds are dying to know.  Chortle...  ;)

I haven't seen much of the Dream Curse storyline (towards the end of the storyline), but ISTR one ep where Roger and Cassandra talk very pointedly about how they have not yet consumated their marriage and how cold and distant she has been since their marriage, which considering they married the day or day after they met, is hardly surprising. ;) (DS's version of Joe Millionaire? :) )
There's not a man on my ottoman, there hasn't been one in weeks.
There's not a man on my ottoman, he's gone off to fight the Greeks.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2004, 09:32:38 PM »

The implication was that it never got consumated. At least that's how I read their scenes. Toward the end of the marriage, there's a great scene with her and Roger playing chess and a little comment from him that kind of says it all.
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 12:30:26 AM »
this is my little lara parker story.when i attended the fest last year(my first) i had not yet seen any of lara's storylines.i was watching at the time the barnabas/maggie kidnapping stuff.at the autograph signing lara was seated next to nancy barrett.i got nancy's autograph(she was adorable still) and then when i moved on to lara i told her that i hadn't gotten to her part on the show yet but would still love her autograph.i didn't see how she could possibly take offense to this but she gave me a death glare that would have made cassandra proud.and then very coldly her autograph. :o