Author Topic: DS DVD RELEASES: A DEFINITIVE LIST OF MISSING BLOOPERS AND EDITS  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Howdy folks.

I'm compiling a list of bloopers and edits trimmed from the early DVD releases as a helpful reference to fans etc.

When finished I'll be posting it as a extra page on the restoration site.

So...please post as many bloopers & edits that you have noticed and be as specific as possible- episode and/or DVD set #/Disc #. It will all be a help to those who want to know, and I'll add to it as more come in- though from 9 or 10 on this shouldn't be an issue.

Remember, this is just for ones that were cut or edited out of the DVDs.

Later I will cross check the VHSes for those scenes and note which volumes one could get for completists sake.

Thanks.
D
www.nightofdarkshadows.com

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:DS DVD RELEASES: A DEFINITIVE LIST OF MISSING BLOOPERS AND EDITS
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 03:25:47 PM »
Wow, Darren, what a great project!  From the bottom of my dark little heart, I thank you!

I haven't seen ANY of the DVDs yet, though I am contemplating purchasing at least one set (the one with the Julia/Tom Jennings storyline).  That storyline included a notorious technical defect which appeared to originate in the master tape.  I believe it happened in the episode where Julia comes stumbling in like a wino at the tail end of a bender babbling about "Tom."  As I recall it, there's this shrill beep that lasts about 2 or 3 seconds at one point as the action is moving from the foyer into the drawing room.  I wondered whether that scene got snipped in the interests of "tidying up" the DVDs.  (sorry, I don't know the technical lingo)

I discussed this at one point with Richard Holt--there's a post from him buried in the archives about this scene, and how it originated in the master tape.  I think he may have checked with somebody at MPI about it.

That happens to be one of my favorite episodes, and I'll be upset if I learn that it now circulates in a trimmed version.

G.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:DS DVD RELEASES: A DEFINITIVE LIST OF MISSING BLOOPERS AND EDITS
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2004, 02:37:38 PM »
Darren, same as Steve, I have one, but I don't know if you know about it and it's on the archives; in 1795, Barn is wearing a Bandaid (I think it's '95, I'll check if it was 1897).

Patti

I just went back in:
Its in Current Talk II, 4/22/02
Topic is "Oooh, Middle Finger"
Today's second ep!!!!!!

GREAT!!

I remember it!!!!!!

But, did we all notice Trask's middle finger...had a Band-Aid on the knuckle

"Trask...we find thee guilty....of 20th century technology...burn warlock!!!

Patti

What a Woman!

Offline proudhug

• !!! "Leo" Spotter !!!
  • Junior Poster
  • It's endless ENDLESS!!
    • View Profile
    • CollinWiki
Re: DS DVD RELEASES: A DEFINITIVE LIST OF MISSING BLOOPERS AND EDITS
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 06:21:18 PM »
Did anything happen with this?  Does it still exist somewhere?  I'd love to have a complete list.
Help us create the ultimate  Dark Shadows EncyclopediaLearn everything there is to know about the world of Dark Shadows at the CollinWiki!

http://darkshadows.wikicities.com

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: DS DVD RELEASES: A DEFINITIVE LIST OF MISSING BLOOPERS AND EDITS
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »
Did anything happen with this?  Does it still exist somewhere?  I'd love to have a complete list.

Me too -
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey