Author Topic: The Mysterious Victoria Winters: Betsy Durkin  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re:The Mysterious Victoria Winters: Betsy Durkin
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2004, 09:00:55 AM »
I completely agree with you about Astredo.  He just sizzles in our recent episodes with Marie Wallace.  I just love him to pieces with his gloves and hat.  And, his facial expressions are just too amusing for words!

I agree with you!  I had always thought of Nickolas Blair as quite the "handsome devil" on the show!  IMO though, I didn't really didn't care for his pairing with Maggie and would loved to have seen him and Eve in a relationship. I thought they had great chemistry together.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Devlin66

• Full Poster
  • Devlin For President in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Burke Devlins Yahoo 360
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2004, 02:32:54 AM »
2 points off my chest.......first......watching the last vikki (groves) go to the gallows while bradford and barn watched...shame on the writers cause the winters character would never go to the noose without a fight, even though the plot had her kind of wanting that next world with bradford... to watch her so emotionless during the march to the gallow and all of it...was a let down......

Second..........does anyone else think that the Nicholas Blair character looks like Errol Flynn?
" When I gave Davey Collins the crystal ball I hoped he would see that I was his real father, and not that abusive Roger Collins!

Only Laura knows the truth regarding Davids paternity, and i am sure she remembers the back seat of that car Roger crashed.

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2004, 01:16:26 AM »
I actually thought some of the scenes between Charity and Barnabas were kind of erotic.  :o 
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline danfling

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Mysterious Victoria Winters: Betsy Durkin
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
I don't think that Betsy Durkin had done much acting - nor did she do much after Dark Shadows.    She was a model, and she was hired to wrap up the Victoria character.       Later, it was decided that the Victoria's finale was not enough, so they brought back the character for a few more episodes, but Carolyn Groves (who had been an actress for a while) was hired to play the role.

IluvBarnabas

Re: The Mysterious Victoria Winters: Betsy Durkin
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 01:23:55 AM »
I can tolerate Betsy in the role, but as you all have stated she can't hold a candle to Alexandra.

Had they cast Carolyn Groves first, or even Kate Jackson whose Daphne reminded me so much of Vicki, maybe the recast wouldn't have worked out so disasterously.