Author Topic: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast  (Read 12505 times)

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2015, 10:53:24 PM »
And no pieces of it show up either? Anyone recognize those bookshelves or sconces from any other sets? That would be odd, but on the other hand - well, I can't think of a compliment except that they went through the trouble to create a new bedroom in the first place or that they tweeked the bookshelves enough to make it look like different bookshelves.

Nice post MB. Great topic and awesome captures.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2015, 11:39:10 PM »
I honestly don't remember the sconces showing up again - but that would be something to keep a lookout for while watching the show. They must have shown up in some other set at some point. But the bookcases/window were first used and continued to be used as a wall in Collinwood's study. My thing was that I don't ever remember Willie's bedroom set ever being seen again - and to me that's odd because it's a better set than some of the other bedroom sets we'd already seen and would see down the road...

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2015, 12:42:44 AM »
I agree, it's totally worthy of many of the more "respectable" guests at or inhabitants of Collinwood.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2015, 01:18:43 AM »
it was indeed a cool set...

similar to the 'bangor pine' in that it was a well built, highly detailed set that only got used briefly and then disappeared into the abyss rather than re-purposed and used time and again like some other well loved sets ('room 24' certainly comes to mind, as well as the cannery office).

the collinwood basement set (the scene of many a first year dramatic moment) was another great set that fell into complete disuse as the series progressed.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2015, 09:37:59 PM »
Now that Decades has officially launched, I've noticed that they have what seems to me to be an odd schedule. Each day they have anywhere from one to four eps of one to four shows, a movie, and installments of their own shows The Greats (which seems to focus on one individual who's achieved greatness in some sort of entertainment) and Through the Decades (which focuses on significant moments in history and entertainment), and they run those same exact programs four times a day. For instance, today it's two eps of Hogan's Heroes, two eps of Rat Patrol, The Greats (focusing on George Lucas), and Through the Decades (focusing on Memorial Day in American history and the birth of the summer blockbuster movie with Star Wars in 1977), and the movie version of Hair - and if you missed them the first, the second, or even the third time around, you can still catch the fourth time. And then the next day is totally different shows and a movie combined with a new installment of The Greats and Through the Decades (for instance, tomorrow it's two eps of I Love Lucy, an ep of The Beverly Hillbillies, and the movie Rio Lobo).

So, even if DS was a part of their schedule, apparently the showings would be few and far between - we wouldn't see it every (week)day - we might see anywhere from one to four eps on a single day once a week...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2015, 05:15:25 AM »
Sounds confusing and frustrating.  Oh well.  At least the marathon seems to have generated a fun flurry of attention.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2015, 08:33:29 PM »
I just noticed that the weekends on Decades have some potential because apparently on the weekends they return to their practice of binging shows. This coming weekend they're binging The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and the next weekend it's The Beverly Hillbillies. So, who knows - DS might return at some point. Though if it does, hopefully they'd pick up where they left off and not show the same eps they've already shown.

I suppose we'll eventually see...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2015, 12:51:43 AM »
That's very odd programming, to say the least. Time will tell if it actually works. [snow_huh]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2015, 01:22:51 AM »
Actually, 'binge' watching (or, as they say during the runnings), marathons, is extremely common.
A long while ago, there was 'nothing on TV', and I watched this show called "Monk". Never wanted to see it before, I got hooked.

Right now, on the station Pivot, I'm watching the mini-marathon of "Buffy". Usually, Mondays is "Sliders", Tues, "Buffy", Wed, "Veronica Mars".

But, I'm also aware that in another month, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's "HitREC" will start.

Also, about 5 years ago, on a Sat. eve, channel surfing.

I hear sort of a rapping music style, I'm watching, hitting the "info" button on my remote, it's a 'soap-like' show called, "Trapped in the Closet" of which I am the largest fan of it!!

I think the mini-thons is what smaller stations could offer for people who don't have Netflix, et al.

(I was cool yesterday, watching my daughter's Netflix.)

I don't think I mentioned, but, I did get a blu ray. Low-end Panasonic (a brand I usually like quite a bit), and there's a "Netflix" button on the remote. I haven't gotten in to it yet (I have to hook it up to internet?, but I don't know if it's wi fi or only on a modem....)

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2015, 07:47:21 PM »
It's certainly nice that Decades will be running DS Marathons again the weekends of October 24th and 31st. But, unless I'm misreading things, it seems like both weekends they'll be running the same 130 eps that they ran back in May. That's too bad.  [sad10]  But then, given how we've often mentioned that in the past the syndicator has charged so much for DS, maybe those are the only eps Decades has paid for or could afford to pay for. I thought maybe things might have changed now that DS is distributed by CBS Television and not Worldvision - and particularly because Decades is owned and operated by CBS - but maybe not.  [idontknow]

But anyway, it's still great that DS will be on TV again...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2015, 03:34:33 AM »
The weekend of the 24th covers the release of Barnabas to Maggie's escape from Windcliffe.  I can't find any info on the 31st.   [hall_undecided]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 18, 2015, 03:42:41 AM »
I see that the October 31st and November 1st schedules are now up on Decades' Web site and they are definitely sticking to only showing the same eps that they ran back in May. However, the way it's working is that October 24th and October 25th they'll be running Eps #210 though #294 - and then October 31st and November 1st they'll be running Eps #295 though #340 - and then they'll go back and show #210 though #250 again and for the third time.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2015, 01:52:00 AM »
For those interested, don't forget that on Saturday DS begins on Decades at 1pm ET...

Also, the Decades Web site currently has a quiz to discover which DS character you are. (Apparently I'm Julia - not that that's a bad thing - but I'm not quite sure how the quiz decided that...)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2015, 05:51:15 AM »
I'm Quentin!!
Josette

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile