Author Topic: OT: The Lebo Coven  (Read 984 times)

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
OT: The Lebo Coven
« on: April 12, 2004, 04:29:24 AM »
For you readers of scary books, my new novel, The Lebo Coven[/color] has been listed for pre-order at http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/lecobystmara.html. It's a hardcover and copies ordered through Shocklines will be autographed. The cover art is up on the Web site, although it does not yet feature the title and author logos. The book is due to be released in July.

DS fans will find a few oblique nods to our favorite show in
The Lebo Coven (none of which I'll give away here); it has a sort of a southern gothic flavor rather than the ol' New England gothic, but if you enjoyed Dreams of the Dark, I think you'll find plenty to run screaming from... er... enjoy in this one. ;)

--Mark
P.S. My anthology, Deathrealms, also due in July, can be ordered through Shocklines at http://store.yahoo.com/shocklines/desetafrlawh.html

Offline Minja

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:OT: The Lebo Coven
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:21:15 AM »

Ahhhhh, literature by Mark....always a good literary choice while relaxing on the deck with a cold drink this summer!!!! [read]

Can't wait for July!!! [sun]

Always, Minja [coolbrows]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Mark Rainey

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 11:44:20 PM »
A few days back, I received several advance reading copies of my new novel, The Lebo Coven, which the publisher has done a bang-up job with. (It'll be out in hardback in July.)

I found the first online advance review of it, which fairly kindly says the book doesn't suck:

[hello]               [hello]               [hello]

For the couple of folks who asked, here's a little teaser: the main character's parents originally came from Maine, and there's an offhand reference to "Grandma and Grandpa Collins." Make of that what you will. ;)

There's a photo of the cover on my Web site.

--M
http://home.triad.rr.com/smrainey

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 02:01:19 AM »
Congratulations and best wishes on your new book, Mark!    :)

To quote from the online review:

"Stephen Mark Rainey coaxes readers to believe that dark and white magic actually exist; not an easy task, but an accomplishment that shows he is one of the new stars in the horror galaxy."

Not too shabby.  :D

I may have to wait till it comes out in mass market format though, partly because my heart has been set on several books on my carefully prepared summer reading list already, and I've already had to cross off "The Tale of Genji" (for about the 20th year in a row) as an unrealistic goal.  I've just started "Shadowmancer" (a British import and rather a change of pace for me), and then it's on to Wilkie Collins' "Basil", then back to Harry Potter whom I seem to have left suspended in mid-air almost a year ago, then back to RLS's "Kidnapped," then ...

::)
"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995