Author Topic: Barn & Ben: a 1795 highlight  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Barn & Ben: a 1795 highlight
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2002, 11:06:55 PM »
Ben, thanks for posting this thoughtful topic about the relationship between Barnabas and Ben Stokes ...  You've touched on a topic that I find very meaningful personally; I'm always drawn by presentations such as what we'll be seeing with Barnabas and Ben ... Such friendships are seemingly all too rare in real life.  I have literally had people end a friendship because I voted for a different political candidate, for example, and another because I didn't watch the World Series when "we" were in it (I went to browse at Borders Books instead).  

Thanks, Vlad.  Your posts on this thread are not only thoughtful and astute, but eloquent, too!  Seems like those petty people you described weren't really true friends to begin with, so be glad they are out of your life.  Ultimately, they make you deepen your appreciation for those who stick by you, year after year.

Ben

Offline MikeS

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Barn & Ben: a 1795 highlight
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2002, 11:12:12 PM »
I agree, Jonathan Frid really shines in these scenes with Thayer David.  I'm also looking forward to Jonathan's scenes with Louis Edmonds at the conclusion of the 1795 story.  Great stuff.  In fact, many of the actors have been outstanding in this story, as they get a chance to play different characters and we get to see just how versatile they are.  This coupled with what I feel has been outstanding writing makes the 1795 storyline one of my favorites.