Author Topic: Barnabas in the most unlikely place  (Read 822 times)

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Barnabas in the most unlikely place
« on: March 27, 2004, 05:39:38 AM »
I was down in our Media Center dropping off media for a conference poster yesterday and my eye caught a reflection of our fav Vamp in the glass door. I turned on my heals and said why is Barnabas Collins on your wall. One of the young graphics guys said it was a display they had up for Halloween; the rest of the display was of Elsia Lancaster as The Bride, Frankenstine, Christopher Lee as Dracula and Lon Chaney as the Phantom. I would say that Barnabas was in good company. BTW the guys were amazed that I could name not only the characters but the actors too.

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Barnabas in the most unlikely place
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 01:45:21 PM »
Hi LadyAnne thats really cool!
            love Anne :-*
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 03:29:36 PM »
I turned on my heals and said why is Barnabas Collins on your wall. One of the young graphics guys said it was a display they had up for Halloween

But the big question is why had they left Barn up after having taken everyone else down?  ;)  It would be no surprise if one of us did that - we're DS fans. It's almost expected that we might keep our Halloween decorations up all year long.  [lghy]

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 09:18:30 PM »
When I was working at my old job, as an asst. manager/buyer at a records store, I decorated the place for Halloween and brought in my framed Barnabas portrait (the early '90s one of Jonathan Frid, used the in color card series.) It got recognized quite a number of times, but usually from people who watched the show originally rather than SciFi viewers. It looked very good with a few store bought cobwebs.
    MB is right, at least some of my Halloween decorations stay up all year. That portrait is now over our fireplace at home.

MJ aka CyrusL
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul