Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0828  (Read 567 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0828
« on: November 06, 2014, 04:16:10 PM »
Robservations #828

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0828

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »
Lacey VO.  Quentin now knows about the skeleton in his walled-up bedroom, from "David".  David recognizes Cassandra.  Johnny is buried.  Why did Angelique re-appear, anyway?  I guess she saw that there was another point to bargain on (saving Jamison and Edward, never mind Charity I guess!), to get Quentin to marry her, though why she wants that...?  She must know he's set to die young, from Barnabas.  [spoiler]What she doesn't know, I guess, is that it all (now) has somnething to do with her.  She has now inserted herself into the circumstances of Quentin's death.  Intentionally?[/spoiler]  She'd better stop lecturing Barnabas to leave history alone...

Jamison's dying, maybe... end.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 04:08:12 PM »
Farewell, Paul Michael. Aristede doesn't kill Johnny outright. While he's lying on the floor presumably bleeding to death, Johnny takes the time to curse the two villains. And Petofi at least takes it seriously. Killing Johnny has solved nothing.

J/David talks to the living Quentin as if he were Quentin the ghost. Quentin listens in growing horror to what J/D's ravings imply. Angelique materializes at this interesting moment, with a new bargain for Quentin: She will lift the spells on the other Collinses--if Quentin will marry her. The spells are very powerful, she continues. My powers are strong too, but I’m not sure they’re strong enough. It’s much easier to cast a spell than to remove one, as you know well [and of course as she knows all too well, from cursing Barnabas in 1795]. Quentin starts, And if you fail-- There is a chance Edward and Jamison will die, Angelique answers with her usual indifference to human suffering. No! Quentin gasps. Angelique adds, But if I succeed, they will be as they were before. Look at the boy and tell me what you want me to do. Quentin walks over to the bed and gazes anxiously at the sleeping Jamison.

Petofi and Aristede (lugging Johnny's body) have arrived at an unknown spot in the woods. The count deems it suitable for burying Johnny. Naturally Aristede whines about having to dig the grave after schlepping the body, but Petofi orders him to start digging.

I want an answer, Angelique tells Quentin. Unhappily Quentin agrees. Do what you must, and so will I, he tells her. She answers, I hope you will also do what you must. I am not one who likes to be disappointed, she adds with massive understatement. Rather impatiently Quentin answers, Angelique, we are going to be married. Now let us at least start off in a pleasant atmosphere. Yes, she agrees, we have no time for suspicion. I have much to do for both Jamison and Edward--if I can. Go now, she orders him. I want to be alone with the boy. (As MT notes, she has no interest in removing the spell from Pansity, maybe to keep her from becoming a serious rival.)

Aristede tamps down the last shovelful of earth on King Johnny’s grave and gloats, That’s good enough and properly done. King Johnny is now sovereign of worms. Just then, the count perceives that someone is trying to counteract all his spells. He orders Aristede to destroy the scimitar, then stomps off to Collinwood to find out who dares to oppose him.

Quentin opens the door and gets an unpleasant surprise when he sees that the visitor is Petofi. Somewhere between Johnny's burial place and the front door of Collinwood, Petofi has figured out that his opponent is Angelique--although really it's a no-brainer. What are you doing here? Quentin asks angrily. What are _you_ doing here? Petofi retorts. Imperiously, he declares, Whatever is going on in this house, I will not have it! _She_ must stop immediately! She? Quentin asks.  Petofi says, Don’t be a fool--or think me one. Who but Angelique would make the dreadful error of tampering with my spells? She must stop and come down at once! Almost at the same time, Angelique realizes that Petofi is on to her.

Downstairs in the drawing room, Petofi is trying to work on Quentin. He says, I wish you could cast aside the petty concerns of family affairs, the urge to patch up something far past patching. Let the Collins family return to the nothingness from which it came! Quentin simply stares at him without replying. The count argues, Your future could be brighter and far more expansive than you ever dreamed, if you would come over to my camp, if you would let me develop those talents I perceive in you--great talents, rare talents. For what? Quentin asks. For evil, my dear boy, pure evil, Petofi beams, but at that moment Angelique arrives. He laments, You are a charming lady--who has also taken the wrong side. You are interfering in matters that do not concern you--a serious mistake. Unconcerned, Angelique replies, I never involve myself in anything that does not concern me. Neither you nor Quentin shall attempt to change any of my spells on Collinwood, Petofi orders them--is that clear? Insulted, Angelique retorts, No, it isn’t, and I will not be spoken to in that manner! I know who you are and how to deal with me, Petofi tells her. Then _deal_ with me! she challenges him, because I will do exactly as I please. Petofi says, You are tragically mistaken. One of us is mistaken, Angelique retorts. Only time will tell which one. Now, if you will excuse me, _Excellency_, I have not yet finished my day's work. She turns her back on him to leave. This day’s work will never be finished, Petofi says, but she runs from the room before the end of the sentence. Petofi tells Quentin, You have my warning. I won’t be responsible for what happens to anyone if you interfere with my plans. He leaves the house, and Quentin goes back upstairs.

Angelique has returned to Jamison, who deliriously asks, Quentin--why did you ask about the telephone when you already know about it? Amy used to talk to you! Standing at the foot of the sofa, Angelique orders him, Listen to my voice! Remember everything I have said to you! Answer my question now, with the truth for all time. Tell me who you are! David Collins, Jamison answers. She asks him again, louder, but gets the same response. She asks him again, desperately this time. He says, I’m not sure!

At the old mill, Aristede searches frantically but in vain for the scimitar. Hearing Petofi arrive, he looks scared, but Petofi is distracted. Descending the stairs, Petofi shouts, Get me the red candles of Colet and the parchment that belonged to the Chaldean soothsayer Milalo!  Frightened of telling Petofi, Aristede nonetheless admits, The scimitar is gone! I searched everywhere for it! No other gypsy knew it was here! I don’t have time for it now! Petofi answers impatiently, Get me the things I want--and hurry! We have no time to worry about the sword now. Holding up the Hand, he says, The only gypsy who knew where it was was King Johnny. King Johnny is dead and buried.

Who are you? Angelique asks Jamison again. I’m not who I thought I was, Jamison answers, writhing on the sofa. I am someone else--someone far away! Angelique says. Yes! she insists. someone else far away, and you must let that someone into your body, where he belongs! You must say your rightful name, claim your true identity, be who you were born to be! I command you now, tell me who you are. Jamison begins, I am... We see a flash of lightning, then thunder. Her eyes wide with fear, Angelique cries, Tell me who you are! No, Jamison screams, no! Kneeling by his side again, she insists, You must tell me who you are! You must! You must! But Jamison only screams over and over, No! No! As Angelique watches in frustration, he collapses....

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 03:30:07 AM »
I think this one was written by Violet Welles.  Only she could write Count Petofi as he truly was.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
It was indeed written by Ms W.