Author Topic: More Comments From Matt Roush Concerning A WB DS  (Read 692 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More Comments From Matt Roush Concerning A WB DS
« on: March 05, 2004, 10:03:11 PM »
This from Roush's ASK MATT column:

Question:
What do you think the producers of the new Dark Shadows pilot (for WB) need to do to satisfy the hardcore fan base and win over a new generation of viewers? -- James

Matt:
Isn't that the $20 million to $30 million question? If I knew that, I'd be a producer myself. I envision a Dark Shadows that's as romantic as the Gothic original yet ruthless in its ambitions to scare, faster paced with perhaps a little tongue (or fang) in cheek as it toys with the cliches of the genre. If it shortchanges us in any of these departments, it will look like a loser faster than you can say Tarzan. The producers also have to be aware there's no way to satisfy everyone. It's such a great title -- and I still get delicious chills thinking of that haunting theme coming from my TV set every afternoon. I hope they don't blow it.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Re:More Comments From Matt Roush Concerning A WB DS
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 10:15:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing these.  It's nice to know that Roush is a fan.  A columnist as high-profile as this might actually be able to bring some pressure to bear for some standards of excellence in the show--not that I'm displaying any optimism that The New WB Dark Shadows will be anything than a giant teen cheeseball, you understand.

G.

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:More Comments From Matt Roush Concerning A WB DS
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 06:50:50 AM »
"A giant teen cheeseball"  [lghy]

You are an endless source of amusement, my dear.

:-*
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>