Author Topic: OT - PomPress Pub. to air on NBC in March  (Read 3048 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Re:OT - PomPress Pub. to air on NBC in March
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 11:26:56 AM »
Perhaps people felt the movie was going to be a hachet job like the one NBC did on "Three's Company". If it was, I can't say I blame them for not tuning in...

They did try to preserve some of the casting from the Three's Company film to some extent. Suzanne Somers and Farrah Fawcett-Majors had the same agent, Jay Bernstein, and both were engaged in contract disputes with networks while Fred Silverman was the head man at their particular network. Though Silverman is played by different actors, Jay Bernstein is portrayed by Wallace Langham in both movies.

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 11:32:35 AM »
Oh, yes - this (from TV Guide Online's Watercooler) really makes me want to watch the tape - NOT!!  ::)

Behind the Camera: The Unauthorized Story of Charlie's Angels
From the writing to the lighting, this expose is so bad it's instant classic camp. The unknowns playing the angels really look like Farrah Fawcett-Majors, Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith. Poor things. You can actually feel them trying to move, sound and be one with the angels. Especially that Lauren Stamile, the woman playing Jackson. It's almost cute. (Look at me, Ma. I'm acting!) And that scene where Tricia Helfer enters as Farrah for the first time and walks, slow-mo down the stairs... Her boobs were out of control! I mean, I'm not one to eyeball a woman's rackage. But come on. Those things were like comic-book breasts -- all perky, perfectly round oranges stuck in her chest. Who is her doctor? Oh, and don't get me started on Dan Castellaneta, a.k.a. the guy who's playing Aaron Spelling. He is killing me. Literally driving me to eat to dull the pain. How could he be this bad? It must be intentionally camp.[/b]

But I might at least start to watch it to see how really bad it is...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 04:28:11 PM »
Folks who don't like camp definitely should not watch that movie.  I still haven't seen the remainder, but my housemate watched it and I could hear him howling with laughter from the kitchen.

I really know nothing of the history of Charlie's Angels and I care tuppence how historically accurate it all was.  What I saw resembled a Saturday Night Live skit around Charlie's Angels.  I think Charlie's Angels is in and of itself a hoot, although I couldn't bring myself to see that awful remake.  You know how I feel about remakes!

Hmmm... Farrah's breasts were bouncing?  Call me a Queen without a crown.  I couldn't even look at her chest as her MILES of blindingly peroxided hair were undulating in waves fierce enough to shatter the sound barrier in a fifty mile radius (you think I'm joking, but you haven't seen the movie).

Watching the movie made me wonder, again, how any of us survived the Seventies.

Everybody Loves Raymond?  bleah!

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2004, 04:30:46 PM »
Note to Farscape fans:

Ben Browder played Lee Majors in this movie.  And from the little I saw, he did a fine job with the part.

G.

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 09:56:23 PM »
Finally watched the Charles Angels movie last night,  I thought it was okay, alot better than the Three's Company tv movie. I would have thought that Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith knew each other from the Dark Shadows days...wasn't Jaclyn married or going out with Roger Davis back then? i think it is  mentioned in one of KLS pompress books how JS was there visiting on the set of DS.

Offline victoriawinters

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Total ENFJ Geek!
    • View Profile
    • victoriawinters.net
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 06:37:13 AM »
Yes, Jaclyn Smith was married to Roger Davis.  But, his episodes ended before Kate Jackson was on the show.  Roger Davis ended at Episode 968 and Kate Jackson started at Episode 1067.

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2004, 03:44:57 PM »
Thanks Victoria, that explains why they did not recognize each other when they first met on CA.  I found this info on page 37 of KLS'  "Scrapbook Memories"..."Roger Davis showed up one afternoon with his new girlfriend, a nineteen year old Texas beauty named Ellen. she'd arrived in Manhatten only weeks before to embark on a modeling career and eagerly showed us her portfolio. her beauty was staggering.....I've never since met anyone quite so lovely....and we happily assured Roger that  Ellen, (who used the professional name, Jaclyn Smith), had a good chance of making it as a model. as the romance blossomed, she visited the studio frequently and soon Roger announded their engagement"

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2004, 09:39:18 PM »
as the romance blossomed, she visited the studio frequently and soon Roger announded their engagement"

And now Smith barely acknowledges that their marriage ever took place. But when she does, let's just say that she has less than kind words regarding RD's behavior during it.

I stll have yet to watch this movie...

Offline Mark Rainey

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Realm
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2004, 10:42:45 PM »
I watched this thing the other night with my daughter, who astutely described it as a train wreck she couldn't turn off. Silly, silly, silly, yet occasionally engaging. The actresses playing the Angels' really nailed them, appearance-wise, especially Christina Chambers as Jaclyn Smith. Lauren Stamile made for a convincing Kate Jackson, despite such an exaggerated accent, and what can one say about Kristina Helfers except that she -really- had the hair down pat.

Loved the whole 70s ambiance -- masterfully done.
The whole thing had the air of parody about it, though, and I dunno if I could sit through it again.

Wait a minute... three gorgeous women playing three gorgeous women... Yeah, I could sit through it again. ;)

--Mark