Author Topic: OT - "Cold Case"  (Read 685 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT - "Cold Case"
« on: March 09, 2004, 07:10:18 PM »
Did any Julia fans happen to catch Sunday night's Cold Case on CBS?  One of the victims, played by the lovely Amber Benson, was a hippie/activist named Julia Hoffman (poor Amber-- her characters keep getting shot), and her friend, also murdered that same day in 1969, was named Gerard.  It was startling to hear that first name mentioned.

Typically in CC, the crime is solved in the closing minutes, so this next part is a spoiler in case someone plans to catch "Volunteers" the next time it airs...

[spoiler]The murderer turns out to be Chris Sarandon (big sigh), which means that this Julia Hoffman was killed by a vampire after all... okay, a former vampire. ;)[/spoiler]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re:OT - "Cold Case"
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 10:18:49 PM »
Midnite how funny about CS .. luv that movie.. .when he's entering the Disco.. .really the only film EVER that made my heart flutter and other  uh hum (cough cough) physical reactions. . .I watch CC occassionally and do like it but i hate how they OVER-RELY on music to set the era. . . they could be a little more creative there. . .it used to be the creative thing to do but now it seems easy or am i just too judgemental?  I am an ESTJ . .big J!
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:OT - "Cold Case"
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 02:48:11 AM »
Hi, J99.  I enjoyed the choice of songs but agree that it was overkill.

While surfing around I found that Amber Benson has some VERY dedicated fans.  This page has several screen grabs of her appearance as Julia Hoffman (but don't go there expecting to see any tweed suits :)).  That's "Julia" with "Gerard" (Garland Whitt) top, center and in the last 2 caps.  Enjoy!

http://www.buffy.nu/article.php3?id_article=3497