Author Topic: Methinks Some Louis Edmonds AMC Episodes About To Air on Soapnet  (Read 588 times)

David

Methinks Some Louis Edmonds AMC Episodes About To Air on Soapnet
« on: February 07, 2004, 06:45:45 PM »

On Valentines Day, Soapnet is airing a marathon of classic All My Children episodes featuring Tad the Cad.

The Tad the Cad stories are from the 1980s, which was Louis Edmonds` heyday on the show. Louis` character Langley was Tad`s father in law for a time.

Soapnet getters should rev up their VCRs on Valentine`s Day. I think
there`s a good chance we'll be seeing dear Louis that day!

As someone who got to know Louis well, worked with him, and visited his home many times, I`m having a hard time believing it`s nearly three years since he passed.

RIP, sweet friend.

Hey, folks, how about sharing some Louis memories?

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Methinks Some Louis Edmonds AMC Episodes About To Air on Soapnet
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 07:19:08 PM »
It was my first-ever Fest. It was in L.A. California, a year or two before the Vegas Fest. I didn't know a soul and hadn't found on-line fandom yet. Though I was a bit lonely, I was still thrilled to be there. I think it was Sunday morning (last Fest day) and I was having breakfast in the hotel restaurant. Louis and his troop got up to leave and I noticed him. I didn't want to disturb him to let him know how much I enjoyed his acting talent and to thank him for sharing it with us all. I felt that this was his "personal" time and it would have been inapproprate to "bother" him. But I did watch him the whole time he was in my view. Anyway...as he approached to pass by my table I guess he could see it in my eyes and he winked at me. Definitely one of the highlghts of that Fest for me. I know it doesn't sound like much but to me at that time and under those circumstances, I felt that he knew what I was thinking and acknowledged and showed his appreciation via that wink.

My other fond memory concerning Louie is of a personal note he sent me (and another Forums member) thanking us for each of our posts (on another BB)  regarding how much we enjoyed his performances on the show, etc. A third member at the time had copied our posts and presented them to him to read, which resulted in his sending his notes of thanks to us. It came out of the blue and was so special to me. Made me luv Louie all the more.

He is sorely missed by this DS fan.