Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0758  (Read 514 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0758
« on: July 31, 2014, 02:42:03 PM »
Robservations #758

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0758

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 09:34:36 PM »
It's a dark and cloudy day in Collinsport.  The enemy of Ra appears to be entreated here, Osiris.  Jamison knew... and stopped it.  Laura is sprawled strangely upon a piece of Victorian furniture no doubt designed for the strange purpose. 

Ang chokes Laura, then offers to walk her home, that's nice...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »
In the hubbub after Jamison stops Quentin and Angelique, no one notices that he's gone. Judith hurries off to look for him, highly suspicious when Quentin says he'll catch up. Quentin asks Angelique frantically, What are we going to do now? Give me a moment to think, she replies. Think fast, he warns. Laura will go after you first, so you’d better protect yourself. Angelique’s instinct for self-preservation is well honed, but she surprises Quentin by asking him to get a full-length mirror from upstairs. I have to find Jamison, Quentin protests. Judith will think-- It doesn’t matter what she thinks, Angelique retorts. We’re old enough not to have to worry about that. Go upstairs and get the mirror. When he asks why, she tells him sarcastically, I’ve forgotten what I look like. You may leave once you bring it. I have my secrets--even from you.

Jamison arrives at the cottage. Laura is ecstatic that he's there. He still wants to go with her to-- wherever it is she's going.

ack at Collinwood, Judith meets Quentin in the foyer. Why didn’t you come with me? she asks angrily. Thinking Quentin is yet again indulging his penchant for philandery, this time with Barnabas’s fiancée, she continues, Jamison is still missing, but you _had_ to stay with Angelique. I won’t even think about why! With a smirk, Quentin replies, I figure you already know why I stayed. You are incredible! Judith fumes. Going behind Barnabas’s back! I won’t have it--leave Angelique alone! Before the argument can escalate, Laura arrives with Jamison. Laura gleefully snubs Quentin when she says she has a surprise for Judith, a surprise that she hesitates to tell, but it's for Judith ALONE. In the drawing room, Judith asks if it's about David. Laura says no, it’s Barnabas. Cousin Barnabas, exclaims Judith in surprise. Laura laughs at the word _cousin_. Judith huffs, Of course he’s our cousin--just look at the portrait in the hall. _You_ take a good look at it, Laura warns, but after you hear what I have to say, you might not want to look at it again. You might even take it down and burn it. Barnabas Collins, she starts-- but can’t continue as her voice apparently fails her, lost in a hoarse croak. Both women turn to see Angelique standing in the doorway. She seems to have lost her voice, Angelique comments with pretended concern. Perhaps we should call a doctor, Judith suggests, but Laura runs from the house before anyone can stop her. Quentin (who of course was waiting in the foyer) asks, Did Laura reveal her secret? No, Judith says, mystified. I’ve never seen anything like it. It was as is if something stopped her from saying what she wanted to say. Laura lies so much I’m surprised she hasn’t strangled on her stories by now, Quentin observes contemptuously. I wonder what she wanted to say about Barnabas, Judith muses, I wish I trusted her more. Judith finally goes upstairs to sit with Jamison.

Quentin tries his high-wattage charm on Angelique, but she isn't buying. She basically orders him to wait for her at the Old House while she finishes doing "one more thing."

Meanwhile, Laura silently prays to Ra to help her destroy Angelique. Quentin arrives at the cottage--and is stunned to find Angelique already there, calmly playing solitaire. Suddenly Angeiique bursts into flames!