Author Topic: Dark Shadows: Parallel Time / the details please  (Read 1186 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersFan

• Junior Poster
  • "My journey is beginning..."
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows: Parallel Time / the details please
« on: December 28, 2003, 02:06:20 AM »
Hello,

I just started watching Dark Shadows this summer (around June) on SciFi and quickly became a fanatic. I had known what Dark Shadows was before because my mom watched it when she was my age, and so did my father, but I didnt really know the details of the show(Collinwood, Victoria Winters, the characters names, only knew there was a vampire lol). Since SciFi was showing 1970 at the time, I decided to get a DVD Set to see the earlier part of the show, which I am glad I did. I wish they would have started with episode 1, but I decided to get the 1795 Flashback (Set 5-7) and that was a good choice. I am waiting to get Sets 1-4 until/if they release the Pre Barnabas episodes(1-209) so I can watch it from the beginning to the 1795 flashback without gaps.

Anyways, I know Parallel Time was introduced in 1970, and I know times changes in a room. Who's room is this? and how is the phenominon introduced. Please give as many details as you can.

Shane
Victoria Winters

~Governess of Collinwood~

1966-1968,1795

Her journey back from 1795 to present is just beginning....

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Dark Shadows: Parallel Time
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 04:24:20 AM »
At the pace MPI is releasing the sets you may have to wait 5 years or more until the pre Barnabas episodes come out.I 'm not patient enough for that .
In 1970 in PT the PT room was Angelique's.I don't remember what it was used for in 1841.In RT I'm pretty sure it was always vacant.

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Dark Shadows: Parallel Time
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 04:51:12 AM »
As quentincollins said, it was always empty in RT.  In 1970 PT it was Angelique's room.  In 1841 PT it seemed to be a sitting room.  Different people would meet and talk there.  Stella, Flora Collins' secretary, seemed to work there.  Once they went to PT entirely, instead of just viewing the room from the RT people's perspective, they seemed to abandon that room and use the drawing room, as in all the other stories.

In 1970 there was a vampire (I don't want to give you too many spoilers, so I won't identify who it was) and they were looking for the coffin in the closed off East Wing.  Barnabas first discovered it.  He opened the doors to that room, and instead of being empty, it was beautifully furnished.  Then, people who looked just like those he knew (I think Elizabeth and Julia this time) came into the room and talked about things that made no sense to him.  He couldn't enter the room and he couldn't be seen or heard by the people there.  When the doors were closed and then reopened, it was empty again.  Various other people then saw the room.

In 1840(1) Daphne first discovered it.  When she was telling about it, Julia and Stokes overheard her and, of course, knew what it was.  Again, bit by bit, a number of different people discovered it.
Josette

Offline VictoriaWintersFan

• Junior Poster
  • "My journey is beginning..."
    • View Profile
My Calculations of When The Series Will Be Released Entirely on DVD
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 05:00:48 AM »
These are my calculations..:

(1) There are 1245 episodes of the Dark Shadows series.
(2) Since the first Set started with episode 210, subtract that from 1245 and you get 1035.
(3) 1035 episodes is the total of episodes that will be released from MPI. Each set has 40 episodes. There have been a total of 9 Sets already released by the end of this year. That is 360 episodes.

(4) 1035-360 episodes is 675 episodes left.
(5) The next Set (10) will be released in January, subtract 40 episodes and there are 635 episodes left at the beginning of next year, 2004.

(6) Set 11 is confirmed to be released in March 2004, so this tells us that they will release a Set every other month.  SUbtract 40 episodes from 635, in March 595 episodes will be left.

(7) If a new Set is released every other month, 4 more Sets will be released in 2004, maybe even 5. 40 episodes times 5 Sets is 200 episodes.

(8) Subtract 595 episodes in March, by 200 episodes at the end of the year, there are 395 episodes left to be released.

(9) If we assume they release 6 or 7 Sets in 2005, that is 280 episodes. Subtract 395 episodes at the end of 2004 by 240 episodes at the end of 2005. There are 115 episodes left.

(10) 115 episodes will be left at the beginning of 2006. We can assume they will release the last 3 Sets then.

Basically the whole Dark Shadows series should be released by the beginning of 2006, which is not that bad at all. I think MPI might release more Sets in 2004 then this year. When all said and done, there should be around 25 DVD Sets released. 11 of those Sets will be released by March. That leaves 14 more sets to be released.

I believe the series will be released by the end of 2005/ early 2006 at the latest. MPI might even speed things up a bit if the demand gets higher. So we shouldn't have to wait that long.

Shane
Victoria Winters

~Governess of Collinwood~

1966-1968,1795

Her journey back from 1795 to present is just beginning....

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:My Calculations of When The Series Will Be Released Entirely on DVD
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 05:21:56 AM »
There are 1225 eps.  The numbering system used for DS eps allows for some to have as many as 3 numbers assigned to them.  This accounts for the additional 20 of the 1245.

Also, please bear with me, Shane, but I'm going to see about merging some of your duplicate topics.  Thanks!

Offline JWGucciEnvy

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Soap Opera Saga
Re:Dark Shadows: Parallel Time / the details please
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2003, 08:29:17 AM »
i have try in the past to come up with the same calucations.  However, MPI havent set a real pattern. But i happy they are out on DVD.
I love Soap Operas & Comic Books